Aluminum Subframe Bushing Group Buy?

netviper

Established Member
I'm in the process of having a run of 9 sets of SFB's made up. T-6061 Aluminum to the exact same specs that are used for everyone else's out there. I'm gauging interest here and then on the SHOforum and the TCCA. I just am not sure about how to start a GB or test the waters over on the SHOforum, so I posted here first.

The pricing is pretty much already set.

1-8 sets would be $90 shipped
9-* sets would be $80 shipped

I'll prolly run an official thread over at the SHOforum, but I wanted to gauge interest here first.

I'm also working on sourcing out the M12X100mm bolts and 3in flat steel washers so that they can be replaced too when doing this. I'm just having trouble finding a grade 10 bolt that is the same strength as the ones in the ford recall kit. Everything out there so far snaps at a much lower force than the Ford one.

If anyone would be interested please let me know right here. Hopefully the responses I get will be enough to get the machine shop to do 2-4 bars worth at one time for me.

Bruce

Last edited:

netviper

Established Member
sub frame bushings are the what attaches the subframe to the rest of the car, while subframe connectors, well connect the front to the rear of the body on the car.

SFB = steering performance, better road feel
SFC = tighten up the suspension for a shorter car length feel and more responsive handling over the whole car

SFC's are welded on and also reduce/eliminate the body squeaks

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I may be interested in a set of SFB's. Which design are these?

I was thinking about having a set put on at FPS a year ago January when I had my car there but I thought their price for the SFB's was more akin to highway robbery :gt: I think they wanted like $279.00 for the parts only! :nono: :nonono:

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

netviper

Established Member
sorry not to have replied sooner, I've been working on my car for the last 5 days.

As far as I know, the SFB's that I'm having made up are the same as all the other vendors out there. Just that you'll have to install them your self, and there is no real hardware included, unless you want there to be.

Pricing changed a little to $95 a set shipped, and I will also take orders for the recall kits and have a bunch shipped to me from FPN so that they can be shipped with the bushings in the same box. Makes it much easier for everyone.

this thread over at the SHOforum talks about the GB

And the signup page is hosted on my website here Signup

I hope this GB goes well casue I'll then surely be wanting to do another in the future.

Any questions about the GB please email them to me at [email protected] and put "SFB GB" in the subject so that outlook will sort it out for me.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Aluminum for SHO SFBs? Impressive...I would have thought polyurethane or Delrin...

Users who are viewing this thread