Always check your new exhaust for False knock: (Example inside)

Shaun@AED

I just installed full exhaust on my 2016 A6.

Even though I was very confident the exhaust was not going to rattle as I take extra care due to seeing as much false knock as I do with customers I busted out the handy mallet and double checked my work anyway.

Below is a video of what I found:
[video=youtube;eEajLgFvfQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEajLgFvfQw[/video]

I thought the inspection plate on the bell housing was rattling, but upon removal I found the Spacer plate was the culprit. A quick adjustment to the inspection cover was all that was needed to solve this issue. (I installed the inspection cover OVER the plate rather than behind it like factory stock).
Took less than 5 minutes to find and address this issue.

IMAG0070_zps4fbvixba.jpg

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Thanks for the tip! More importantly, whats the exhaust set up you decided on. If I had to guess id say American Racing or Kooks.

Shaun@AED

Thanks for the tip! More importantly, whats the exhaust set up you decided on. If I had to guess id say American Racing or Kooks.

Those were the 2 choices, I decided on Kooks due to proper Front O2 location and shorter primaries.

wr450

Established Member
I put an off road x on my car a few months ago and noticed a rattling buzzing sound at idle initially I just crawled under it real quick to check that everything was tight and it was so yesterday I got under it with a mallet to isolate wherd it was coming from it don't do it all the time and not when hot sure enough it's the inspection plate except it's right so question is what to do

Users who are viewing this thread