Am I expecting too much?

96whitesvt

Established Member
I have a 2011 Gt 6A with Boss IM, Airaid, Off-road X pipe, axle back, Shaftmaster D/S and 4:10s.
I have a custom tune and on bigs and littles the car ran 12.1@114 with a 1.9 60ft at 2100 DA. I really believe the car should be quicker or is that all it has. With VMP tune and 4:10s only with the bigs and littles it went 12.2@112. I just figured it would pick up more with all the new mods. Any suggestion or opinion is greatly appreciated.

92fiveohfox

Established Member
What was the DA when you went 12.2? What is your car shifting at? With the boss manifold it needs to be shifted higher.

96whitesvt

Established Member
The car is shifting around 7700-7800 rpm. I thought about the converter but really, the mph is what I think seems low. I have thought about going to 3:73 or 3:55. I figured that would make the 60ft that much worse. The DA Before mods was around 1800. I just figured it would pick up more than 2 mph with the intake, CAI, off road x and D/S.

96whitesvt

Established Member
I just downloaded a new tune in it tonight. Now to make it to the track to see if there is any difference. Just kinda bummed that it 60 ft was better stock lol. Now to see if I want to put converter/ gears in it.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
OP is an A6.

OP, get a converter in it.

-Thomas

your right, my bad, I read right past that.

I agree with what was said, if you wanna crush it N/A with the A6, get a good stall convertor and drop that gearing back down to 3.31

the 4.10 in the auto are just too much. While you can run them, they do more harm than good it seems.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
I havent been back to the track yet but my car loves the 4.10's and the converter, just not sure if itll like them with the gas turned on

96whitesvt

Established Member
Well I will give the new tune a try. If it runs the same or close, I'm gonna take it off. It will 60 ft a lil better and I don't have to turn so many rpms. Plus part of that money can go towards a converter.

N20JUNKY

Established Member
With the boss intake, a 3.73 gear and the converter it ran a 7.30 @ 96 short shifting at 7200. Haven't ran it since the manifold and gear swap, but I also changed from cj springs to k springs and sold my front welds so I expect to slow down a few tenths

Users who are viewing this thread