Am I really Nutz ?

speednutz

Established Member
So if I trade my 12 for a 13 GT500 it will cost me 15 grand.......... Am I Nutz for trading or No?:rolling:

speednutz

Established Member
Don't do it, I'd wait and see if thre are any issues with the 13 first. Imo

Thanks for the advice !
Problem with waiting seems to be it might not be possible to get one if I wait to long.
The town I live in was allowed one, which they sold to a person I know.
Another near by town was allowed one and they sold it already.
The dealer here says he can probly work out a deal with another garage to get one but he's not sure whether he can make it happen or not.
So, If I'm going to do anything at all, it seems I have to do it sooner than later.
Ford seems to do things right the 1st time from what I know.
I bought a new 93 Ranger, which was the 1st year of the new body style and I still have it today with very few problems.
The hardest thing for me to give up is my car is signed by Jack R and C Shelby which makes it kinda unique.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'd have a hard time justifying it, but I can def see doing it. Like it or not the Trinity engine is likely to be the largest displacement motor we'll see come from the factory for a very long time, if ever. It would be very appealing to own a piece of history.

Crushinator

Established Member
Financially it doesn't make sense. But, neither did selling my '11 GT500 and paying $16,000 more for the '13. You only live once and life is way too short. If you have the means, and your family wont starve by buying it, then go for it! I know, I know, horrible advice right? Hey, we're car enthusiasts. Sometimes the decisions we make aren't necessarily the best, but damn it, them seem like it at the time!

If you're on the fence about keeping your '12, and you decide to pass on the '13...the first time you're in your '12 and you see a '13, you'll kick yourself for not buying it.

91svtbird

Established Member
Wait till next year, there will be plenty to go around........Steve

Good post ^ ....Plus once all the dealer allocations have been built I believe you will be able to order one. That's what I plan to do. I'm not playing the 'dealer's game' of "we're only getting one".

NY Eleanor

Established Member
I'd wait as well since you know for certain they will be building 2014 and you will have had less depreciation in year 2 of holding onto your car. Obviously, the price-gap will widen, so if that matters then you should get one now. If you aren't afraid to buy one at a distance, and why should you be, have it shipped so there will ALWAYS be one for you out there.

Kewlv8

Established Member
So if I trade my 12 for a 13 GT500 it will cost me 15 grand.......... Am I Nutz for trading or No?:rolling:

Get one, but NOT this year. Pay down or pay off the 2012, let the Hype wear off on the 2013, and re-assess later next year. Upgrade to a TVS in the meanwhile if you want more power, which you can remove and resell later at trade-in. Enjoy.

R1Lello

Established Member
Yes you are.........it's not rare or limited, there will be plenty but hey, it's your $$$$. Don't fall for the dealer bs.......all marketing hype

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I would say wait, but I am happy with my 11.

If you have the means and really want the 13, go for it. It is a nice improvement over the 11~12 models, enough so warrant the upgrade. Of course you can always mod your way there, but for some that's not what they want.

speednutz

Established Member
Wait till next year, there will be plenty to go around........Steve

I'd have a hard time justifying it, but I can def see doing it. Like it or not the Trinity engine is likely to be the largest displacement motor we'll see come from the factory for a very long time, if ever. It would be very appealing to own a piece of history.

Financially it doesn't make sense. But, neither did selling my '11 GT500 and paying $16,000 more for the '13. You only live once and life is way too short. If you have the means, and your family wont starve by buying it, then go for it! I know, I know, horrible advice right? Hey, we're car enthusiasts. Sometimes the decisions we make aren't necessarily the best, but damn it, them seem like it at the time!

If you're on the fence about keeping your '12, and you decide to pass on the '13...the first time you're in your '12 and you see a '13, you'll kick yourself for not buying it.

Good post ^ ....Plus once all the dealer allocations have been built I believe you will be able to order one. That's what I plan to do. I'm not playing the 'dealer's game' of "we're only getting one".

Thats the smart way of buying a 2013 Shelby.....:rolling:

I'd wait as well since you know for certain they will be building 2014 and you will have had less depreciation in year 2 of holding onto your car. Obviously, the price-gap will widen, so if that matters then you should get one now. If you aren't afraid to buy one at a distance, and why should you be, have it shipped so there will ALWAYS be one for you out there.

Get one, but NOT this year. Pay down or pay off the 2012, let the Hype wear off on the 2013, and re-assess later next year. Upgrade to a TVS in the meanwhile if you want more power, which you can remove and resell later at trade-in. Enjoy.

Yes you are.........it's not rare or limited, there will be plenty but hey, it's your $$$$. Don't fall for the dealer bs.......all marketing hype

I would say wait, but I am happy with my 11.

If you have the means and really want the 13, go for it. It is a nice improvement over the 11~12 models, enough so warrant the upgrade. Of course you can always mod your way there, but for some that's not what they want.

I'd wait.

Take that 15k and put it into your 12 it would be wicked fast.

This... If money isn't an option buy it, otherwise wait

All good advice....... Thanks !:coolman:
Today I've decided tomorrow I'm going to explore getting a 13 even though I know I shouldn't......... I'm soooooooo Stupid sometimes (well most of the time).

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
IMHO - it depends on how much money you have to burn and if it is worth it to you for the upgrades on the '13. If you are a non-union school teacher, I would not do it, if you make the big bucks, go 4 it.

Users who are viewing this thread