Amazon Racing/MACA Dyno Day!!!

RedfireBeast

MACA Member #29
Established Member
Derek@AmazonRacing said:
i work on saturdays so you guys can do stuff like this...

93cobra...

ill be in my jeep also.. the L has 2 flat tires... (damn F1's)

Hey Derek,

Those bald tires finally went flat..

04Torchvert

Established Member
Blk03SVTCobra said:
I guess I should just say that if anyone wants to bring extra food or drink, please feel free. I'm guessing we'll all chip in for the pizza??

As far as the dealer thing, Rob... I made them write down on the ticket: "No test drives without owner's approval." They called me once and said they need to test it to get the clutch/TOB problem to show correctly. I said fine, but please log the miles. They called me after the test drive and told me they put a total of 16 miles on it. Wasn't extremely happy about that, I would have thought 5-10 would do it, but at least they're being honest with me. Also, I will be checking for rubber (I cleaned the wheel wells COMPLETELY before I gave the car over to them) and checking for any extra miles other than 21558. If they put extra miles on it without asking me, I am gonna be pissed. And if I find rubber in the wheel wells... Someone's getting fired... :mj:

I am still so thoroughly pissed about them having my car for 14 days as of today at 6:00PM.

Nice, Good planning Sean you did what I wish I did :bash:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Hey..I may have someone to buy my 98 Cobra...so, I wondered if Amazon would go over my car to see what if anything may be wrong with it. The guy who wants to buy it would like it checked out by a place that knows Cobra's so, I figured Amazon. He is willing to pay for it so, I don't lose anything by doing....Can Amazon do it?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Ok, it's looking extremely likely now that I will not be going. Does anyone know if I need to pay for my slot anyway? If so, let me know so I can meet Todd and Jason at the gas station and give them a check.......

TRBO VNM

Cobra330 said:
Hey..I may have someone to buy my 98 Cobra...so, I wondered if Amazon would go over my car to see what if anything may be wrong with it. The guy who wants to buy it would like it checked out by a place that knows Cobra's so, I figured Amazon. He is willing to pay for it so, I don't lose anything by doing....Can Amazon do it?

amazon can do it, but I don't know if they will have the time saturday.

Fishtail, no clue if you would be expected to pay. Sean would be the best to answer that.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
WUTWINE said:
amazon can do it, but I don't know if they will have the time saturday.

Fishtail, no clue if you would be expected to pay. Sean would be the best to answer that.

I would guess it's all up to Linn.

Maybe Dwight could lend some insight?? :??:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I'm back.....after getting our butts kicked by VTech tonight. Looks like no bowl bonus this year and thus no ported blower until spring.....

Mike, (FISHTAIL), sorry you can't make it Saturday......I'll move Ken up to your 12:00 slot and don't worry about $. Hoping that 2 more guys will step up to fill the schedule.

I'll meet you guys at the Safeway at 8:00a.m.

And if Lou has the sodas and Sean has the donuts, and Linn has the coolers and ice, then I'll do the chips & dips......anybody for desserts?

Oh, and Mike (Cobra330), why don't you give Linn a call and see if she can schedule someone to give your 98 the once over on Saturday, (Derek?).

Last edited:

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Cobra330 said:

I didn't know that you were trying to sell it. I wouldn't mind adding another Snake to my stable. What are you trying to get for it?

RAWSN8K

mystangs

572/677 Hehe
Established Member
Guys,

I am going to try and head up tomorrow. Might ride up with Dave (predator) I have to give him a call and see when he is leaving. If not I will try to sneak up there in the Cobra. If we still need people I might dyno even though I don't need it.

Chris

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
I didn't know that you were trying to sell it. I wouldn't mind adding another Snake to my stable. What are you trying to get for it?

RAWSN8K

Some where around $9500.00 would be nice....It may or may not be there Saturday as I would like to drive the new one but, that depends upon the weather. Your always welcome to come by the house though...

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
That sounds like a pretty damn good price. What kind of mods are on it? Mileage? I am definatley interested. BTW, I have a 2001 GSXR 1000 with 2200 miles on it for sale, if interest. Maybe a particial trade?

RAWSN8K

RAWSN8K

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc
Established Member
Never mind on the mods. Duhh. I didn't read your sig. Anyway, I am very interested in your car. If you don't bring it on Saturday, I will make arrangements to swing by your house to take a look at it.

RAWSN8K
(Todd)

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
RAWSN8K said:
That sounds like a pretty damn good price. What kind of mods are on it? Mileage? I am definatley interested. BTW, I have a 2001 GSXR 1000 with 2200 miles on it for sale, if interest. Maybe a particial trade?

RAWSN8K

I would like to see more but, I just need to move it at this point. 70,000 miles. Mods are Steeda UD pullies, Mac H-pipe with hi flow cats and flowmasters, Eibach ProKit with CC Plates, New front rotors/pads, back ones have 1 year on them..but next to no mileage, New wheels w/tires 17x9 and 17x 10.5. Now..the paint on the outside has a few issues of concern. Clearcoat peeling around the antenna and around passenger side rear scoop. Not bad..and no rust at all. Also..someone that it would be nice to key the rear passenger qtr. panel. It's not bad just one long line. My intent was to re paint the whole car instead of just fixing the few areas..as I was going to try to do a custom paint job. When I bought the 04..I nixed the whole idea. I need to buy a winter vehicle as I can't drive the Cobra in the snow.

As far as a trade for a bike..unless your offering a casket and another place to live..I can't do it. My girlfriend or the bike would end up getting me killed...so, I would have to pass on that one..Gotta SUV or truck for trade...or cash..those are my options.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Thanks guys. Yeah someone should take my slot. I was at work last night until 11:40 and today looks like an easy repeat of that......probably tommorow too:(. Dwight, I was upset I missed the UMD game last night (I even forgot to record it) but now that I saw the score I"m not sure if would have wanted to watch that....what happened?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Hssssnsvt, just saw your post. You are welcome to my spot if you'd like to have it. I won't be able to make it. Should something change, I'll try to come up and just hang out, and if any slots are left, I might take one ;)

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
FISHTAIL said:
Dwight, I was upset I missed the UMD game last night (I even forgot to record it) but now that I saw the score I"m not sure if would have wanted to watch that....what happened?
Combination of looking like the fellas want Christmas vacation at home, with the fact that Vtech is pretty darn good.....But we gave them 35 points off of turnovers which didn't help.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That sucks. There is always next season I suppose......

The thing that really gets me is, they can play. They played well against West Va earlier in the season, and against FSU(which means the season is a winner as far as Im concerned now that we have that monkey off of our back...sorry Jason), but well, I dunno. I know it's gotta be frustrating...I'm frustrated by it, and I'm not even involved!

Users who are viewing this thread