Amazon Tuning: Highly Recommended!

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
I'll make sure that you and Ryan get one when you bring his car down here for tuning :beer: I'll even make sure they let you sleep instead of staying up half the night at Hooters after you drove all night to get down here

1slo5ohh

Established Member
I'll make sure that you and Ryan get one when you bring his car down here for tuning :beer: I'll even make sure they let you sleep instead of staying up half the night at Hooters after you drove all night to get down here

dont wanna hijack but werent you guys located here in baltimore at one point. im pretty sure there was an amazon tuning around my parts that used to tune my buddies fox years ago

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
yes we were in Edgewood MD back in the early days of EFI tuning.. didnt have all the tech to work with that is available now

we moved to SC in 2005

Last edited:

KONA BLUES

HORSEPOWER JUNKIE
Established Member
Great write up. Threads such as these only make the wait that much harder :)

Looking forward to my Amazon tune! :thumbsup:

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Would it be worth driving from Texas to have my car tuned in person. Or would a email tune suffice?

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
What are your mods? Stock, near stock, bolt-ons? E-mail tune will work great. If you are questioning the tune, you can always datalog it and check your A/F ratio. Either check it out yourself or send the log to your tuner and they can verify it. Some of the larger mods such as ported heads, cams, blowers, turbo etc. can even be tuned remotely through e-mail. Dyno tunes are nice, when they are done by someone that KNOWS what they are doing with this new 5.0. People such as our sponsors Bama, Amazon, Lund, BBR etc.

Entrenched

Established Member
Rick remote tuned my car, via datalogs. Then he came to Lafayette for a 3 day dyno event. We're hoping to get him back in town again soon!

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
Does the SCT only datalog A/F ratio?

My last car (Supra 2jz-gte 76mm) had a standalone EMS that output a slew of data, including CAN BUS info.

While from my understanding these tunes are still piggy backing on top of the stock tune, is the A/F ratio all that you base the remote tunes off of. That and background knowledge of where the ignition and maybe cam timing usually falls for that particular vehicles mod set?

Also, when you dyno tune is it a pretty thorough full rpm/load mapping or just WOT tune with a global increase for the daily areas of the map?

Sorry for all the questions, when I had my last car a tune was very important. It literally made beast from mild cars and could just as easily neuter a monster, if not kill it. My tuning experience is very limited, I attended the EFI101 class here in Texas so my knowledge is basic but sound. When it comes to the Mustang, I'm in a whole new world and would like to find someone I can trust to get it completely right the first time. So again I apologize if I'm asking questions you've answered before or if you feel like I'm some how questioning your expertise. Just trying to get a handle on your methods. Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my questions.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
You guys need to come back down to new orleans. I have still had my best tuning experience with ya'll. I actually sent rick my chip last week to get me drivable tune loaded for my new setup. I might be making a road trip to you this time.

Users who are viewing this thread