Amazon Tuning: Highly Recommended!

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
This write-up is very long winded, however, when you have an experience like the one I had with Rick and Linn there isn't any possible way you could do it justice by only writing a 4 sentence review. I suggest reading this as a whole, but if you don't care to, scroll down to the bottom and read the cliff notes section, for the rest of you this is my story and experiences with Amazon Tuning:

After recovering from a 32 Hour round trip from Northern Virginia to Amazon Tuning with no sleep, I am here to report that I ABSOLUTELY made the right choice when I decided to get my 2011 5.0 dyno tuned by Rick.

My appointment was set at 10AM on Saturday. I arrived on time and before I could even get out of the car Rick was already outside ready to welcome us to his shop. We talked a bit about what I had done to my car, and he took it in and put the car on the dyno. After a short cool down he got the car going on the dyno and made the initial pull with the email tune I had on the car.

After the first pull he called me over and explained everything that he saw with the tune I was currently using. He showed me that all the knock sensors were tuned way down almost to off and that the timing was set so high that every couple hundred RPM the knock sensors were pulling good amounts of timing. He explained to me that he was aware of the issues with the #8 piston and that he compensates by not only loosening up on the timing on that cylinder but he actually sets the Knock sensors back to stock parameters. He also showed me that the A/F ratio for that pull was (11.4:1)!

He loaded his base tune in and did a pull. Absolutely no knock interference, even with the sensors at stock level. This allowed my car to pick up torque in the low to mid range and really smoothed out the pull dramatically. Air fuel ratio was more on par than with the other tune. Using these settings the car was able to make more power and at the same time be a MUCH safer tune.

Fast forward a couple of hours of small changes and dyno pulls and were done with the tune. He makes sure the car runs right and then takes it off the dyno and moves it to the front of the shop. My car has been officially Dyno Tuned!! I cannot wait to drive my car, as if its any indication of how it pulled on the dyno I can safely assume it has now become a monster!

We spend another Half an hour just talking about our cars and the mods. Then they invited us to lunch. We spent another 45 minutes eating and enjoying their company. After Lunch Linn took a couple of photos of our cars together, we said goodbye and they sent us on our way. Ready, and set for another brutal 10 hours back to NOVA.

* On a side note, on the way to his shop I could barely average 24.9 MPG. On the way home after Rick's dyno tune I was able to average 27.2 MPG. Now that speaks volumes to how much more efficient his tune is than the other one I came with. Not to mention the tune i had prior had a rough idle between 900 and 1000 rpm. Rick set my idle so its as smooth as butter and rests upon 750 rpm consistently. *

In conclusion, I had high expectations of Linn and Rick, after reading all the stories about how they went above and beyond to help out their customers. To arrive there and have those high expectations blown out of the water is an understatement. These two genuinely nice people are the epitome of professional. The way they handle their business is a great refreshment that seems to be lost amoungst all of the other companies that you deal with these days. I would not hesitate to recommend to anyone, anywhere the services provided by Amazon Tuning.

Thank you Rick and Linn for your superb professionalism. I WILL be coming to you guys everytime I need something for my cars.

Cliff Notes:

- Drove down to Amazon Tuning for Dyno Tune.

- Dyno tune blew my other tune out of the water in terms of Drivability, safeness, overall power, Idle, and fuel consumption.

- Every 5.0 should consider getting tuned by Rick. He is, in my eyes, the only person who should be tuning these cars.

- Had an above and beyond experience dealing with Linn and Rick. Something that you don't ever find with companies these days. I wont consider anyone else for my cars.

THANK YOU AMAZON TUNING!!! :rockon::rockon::dancenana:

4.6+5.0

Established Member
What kind of mods and what kind of numbers did u make? Wish I lived closer, I would go to them also....

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words Dennis. It was very nice meeting you guys. Glad you guys liked the Smoke'n Pig barbecue. Here a video of the car on the dyno.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6olDPaZbHck"]YouTube - ‪Dennis's 2011 GT getting tuned‬‏[/nomedia]

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
Need dyno sheets and numbers! What was the previous tune you were running? Awesome review, they sound like great people with a great business.

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
if you already have a handheld programmer it is $499

if you need a handheld programmer it is $699

once you become an Amazon tuning customer you get unlimited tunes,unlimited support and free revisions for as long as you own the vehicle no matter what you add and a dyno tuning session is only $300

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
A few pics and some of our car with his

P5280161.jpg

P5280166.jpg

P5280164.jpg

P5270156.jpg

P5270154.jpg

P5280167.jpg

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Rick and Linn were awesome!! I had to sit there while everything was going on and it was a great shop and Rick and Linn had some great stories. Thanks for introducing us to the best bbq hotdog ever! Thanks again for all the help and answering any and all questions that day. You guys rock!!

Last edited:

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Rick and Linn were awesome!! I had to sit there while everything was going on and it was a great shop and Rick and Linn had some great stories. Thanks for introducing us to the best bbq hotdog ever! Thanks again for all the help and answering any and all questions that day. You guys rock!!

It was nice meeting you too. A smoked hotdog with pulled pork and slaw. What a combo!

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Smoke'n Pig barbecue, I would say its like a mile from the shop. They were hands down one of the best hot dogs I've ever had, It was like a hot dog and a pulled pork sandwich all in one!

Users who are viewing this thread