AMC The Walking Dead

Stanger00

Established Member
Thats because it wasn't a mid-season break. The first season was set to be only 6 episodes. They had to wait to see what kind of response there was to the show before a second season was given the go ahead.

Exactly. This is season 2 not episode 7 of season 1.

This long break is stupid and the show got really boring with the attempt of character building.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Thats because it wasn't a mid-season break. The first season was set to be only 6 episodes. They had to wait to see what kind of response there was to the show before a second season was given the go ahead.
So if that's the case why doesn't the 2nd season start with episode #1 instead of episode #7?

U.M.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
So if that's the case why doesn't the 2nd season start with episode #1 instead of episode #7?

U.M.

You getting that from Netflix?

All of the BitTorrents I downloaded of the walking dead this year said season 2.

I was in Iraq when the series started and finished its first season. I was able to watch the 6 episode marathon on AFN. I really don't know how long the wait was for this new season to begin.

96svtdriver

Established Member
sucks that the next episode isnt until feb. :(

And when it does come out, let's hope the the writers get the lead out of their ass and cook up something that isn't overly dramatic, predictable or character development that otherwise slows the overall story development to an utter crawl.:bash:

orlo

Established Member
The show is definitely stretching out each scenario as long as they can. The acting/directing is okay, but there's only so much you can do with zombies that hasn't been done before.

Has anyone gotten into Hell on Wheels? Now THAT is an entertaining show. On the same level as Breaking Bad IMO.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
hope everyone knows this series is based on a monthly comic book thats been in production since 2007 I believe. The show deviates from it but only slightly. That is why some episodes drag on because they are trying to keep it close to the comic. I like the fact that it isn't just zombie slaying, the show gives depth to the characters. However some of the scenes (particularly with the wife and other blonde woman) can get awfully boring sometimes.

mcdover

Established Member
hope everyone knows this series is based on a monthly comic book thats been in production since 2007 I believe. The show deviates from it but only slightly. That is why some episodes drag on because they are trying to keep it close to the comic. I like the fact that it isn't just zombie slaying, the show gives depth to the characters. However some of the scenes (particularly with the wife and other blonde woman) can get awfully boring sometimes.

Well, they need to deviate from the comic more if it has a lot of the wife in it. She has to be the most unlikable character on the show. Living in a zombie apocalypse and she didn't want her son to have firearm training??? WTF! Always whining too! Hopefully, they will kill her and the blonde chick off soon.

Stanger00

Established Member

If I remember right Shane is supposed to be dead and the little girl Sophia is still supposed to be a alive...Along with other changes. Not sure if Glenn and chick were supposed to hook up or not but its how tv works when they take something from another writer. There will always be changes that they believe will keep the viewers interested.

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
Well, they need to deviate from the comic more if it has a lot of the wife in it. She has to be the most unlikable character on the show. Living in a zombie apocalypse and she didn't want her son to have firearm training??? WTF! Always whining too! Hopefully, they will kill her and the blonde chick off soon.

Shes acting like a real MOM. Thats the point. Moms hate that their children grow up. She wants to hold on to the idea that her kid is a little boy. By letting him shoot she is in her head making him older and less her little boy.

I know that you want a shooter, but for the love of God if we dont care about the characters whats the point of the story.

Want to kill zombies play left for dead. What makes this show great is it isnt just a shooter it actually makes the viewer care about the characters, grow attached to them, watch them grow, make mistakes and learn from them. We pull for the characters and want them to succeed.

This is called writing. If you dont like it, play a video game

Users who are viewing this thread