American Muscle 18x10 FR500 style on 2014 GT500?

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
I've run several searches but could not find anyone who has used this wheel so I thought I would ask. Has anyone tried this wheel on the rear?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-deep-dish-fr500-2005.html

On fitment, they claim it will not fit the 13/14 GT500, but I can't find anything in the specs that would explain why. I'm currently running Steeda Spyders on all 4 corners (20x11 rear), but I want to drop down to an 18" wheel to get a tire with more sidewall, and these are almost a dead ringer for the Steedas in that size.

Thanks in advance for any help.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Might be the different size rotors and brake calipers? Also, I'd worry about the offset going that wide. Do they offer other than a 10"? Will your current rear tire fit or does it matter? I know some 18's fit but I think it's hit and miss.

NetworkingGuru

Established Member
Might be the different size rotors and brake calipers? Also, I'd worry about the offset going that wide. Do they offer other than a 10"? Will your current rear tire fit or does it matter? I know some 18's fit but I think it's hit and miss.

Yea, the hitting the rotors part was what I was worried about most, but someone else in another thread said that 17's nearly fit (about mm off I think they said). I thought 17's were hit or miss on the rears and 18's were good?

On the offset, the offset is only a little different than the Steedas (40 vs 45), but maybe that's enough to cause a problem (the Steedas ARE an inch wider, though).

My current rears (MPSS in 315/20) 'fit', but the sidewall scrubs the paper fender cover when there is wobble in the suspension, which is one of the reasons I am changing the wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread