American Muscle/Bama SCT code P1639

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
I have a Mustang CS 5.0 2013 since May this year. Hell I love this car!!
I have bought it here in Germany, but found the preowner before I bought it. The contact to the preowner was and is very nice and he send me his SCT X3 that he used with the Mustang.

As I said the CS runs great and strong over the Autobahn, but as I became the SCT tuner in my hands I want to check if it alive the long way from the USA to Germany.
Now I have the follow trouble code:
P1639 Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed
What does it mean?! I googled the code and contact American Muscle via mail on last sunday. How long does it normaly take if they answer there mails?

Maybe somebody has the same code and could helped me out?

Sorry guys for my bad English! I hope you understand what I mean :)!

Best regards from Germany!

Chris

Angry50

Established Member
copied from JimC on mustangevolution

Has to be something with the tune, this is what that code means:

P1639 FORD - Vehicle ID Block Corrupted or Not Programmed
Possible causes
- New PCM-Needs programming
- Incorrect VID configuration
As part of the calibration there is an area referred to as the Vehicle Identification (VID) block. The VID block must be programmed when replacing the PCM as described under Programming the VID Block for a Replacement PCM. Failure to perform this procedure may generate fault codes: P1635, P1639, VID Block not programmed or is corrupt. The VID block in an existing PCM can also be tailored to accommodate various hardware/parameter changes made to the vehicle since production. Failure to perform this procedure properly may generate fault code: P1635, Tire/Axle Ratio out of Acceptable Range is one of the main causes for code: P1639. This is described under Making Changes to the VID Block and also under Making Changes to the PCM Calibration. The VID block contains many items used by the strategy for a variety of functions. Some of these items include the VIN number, octane adjust, fuel octane, fuel type, vehicle speed limit, tire size, axle ratio, the presence of speed control and four wheel drive electronic shift on the fly versus manual shift on the fly. Only items applicable to vehicle hardware and supported by the VID block will be displayed on the scan tool.

AMAlexLazarus

AmericanMuscle.com
I have a Mustang CS 5.0 2013 since May this year. Hell I love this car!!
I have bought it here in Germany, but found the preowner before I bought it. The contact to the preowner was and is very nice and he send me his SCT X3 that he used with the Mustang.

As I said the CS runs great and strong over the Autobahn, but as I became the SCT tuner in my hands I want to check if it alive the long way from the USA to Germany.
Now I have the follow trouble code:
P1639 Vehicle ID Block corrupted, not programmed
What does it mean?! I googled the code and contact American Muscle via mail on last sunday. How long does it normaly take if they answer there mails?

Maybe somebody has the same code and could helped me out?

Sorry guys for my bad English! I hope you understand what I mean :)!

Best regards from Germany!

Chris

Hey Chris,

Sorry about the trouble here! Can you shoot me a PM with your email address so I can have our Support Email track you down? As soon as I'm able to locate the email I can have it forwarded to the team at Bama and I can have them contact you!

Alex

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I see that code after doing Special Function ---> KAM reset with the SCT. Try to clear the code, mine will stay away after that, until the next Kam reset.

ChrisDeluxe

Established Member
@ Alex
Thanks! I will send you a Pm with my mail adress.

@ Slagburn
What does it mean with "Special function"?
I have seen it but did not know what it could be. On my Lightning I don't have that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread