American Muscle Car ALL DAY Today . . .

BlackSabbath

Established Member
I caught some of it last night as well. They ran a show where they compared 7 or 8 classic muscle cars in terms of handling, acceleration etc.

They had a Boss 429, Hemi Challenger, AMX, GS vert, LS6 Chevelle, Hurst Olds and a GTO Judge. The Boss won by a point over the LS6. These cars were also in 100% stock condition. I think the Boss and the Chevelle ran high 13's in the 1/4 mile. I'm sure with a sticky tire they would be in the 12's.

It also made me think about how our cars perform compared to these classics. Mid 12's from the factory and deep into the 11's with a sticky tire, pulley, tune CAI and catback.

I'd like to think that in 20 years these cars will be looked upon with the same admiration as the classics from the late 60's.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm taping every episode! Nice to see the Boss 429 get top honors! :)

BigBeez03

MASH PAST >
Established Member
BlackSabbath said:
It also made me think about how our cars perform compared to these classics. Mid 12's from the factory and deep into the 11's with a sticky tire, pulley, tune CAI and catback.
I'd like to think that in 20 years these cars will be looked upon with the same admiration as the classics from the late 60's.
I agree 100%! I think the Terminators will be a very sought after and desireable Mustang in the future. I mean why wouldn't they be? They were only made for two years, have limited production numbers and are still, as of this day 11-26-05, the best and baddest Mustang every made! :pepper:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread