AMS Alpha 12 R35 GT-R: World Record [email protected]

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
FYI; all of the TTGs that run 250 mph in the standing mile are running tall, aftermarket gears focused on TX Mile runs. The TTG that ran 60-130 in 3.53 is on stock gears.

From 60-150, the fastest TTG time that I've verified to date did it in 4.77 seconds. That TTG makes 1550+ rwhp on a Dynojet on stock gearing.

The AMS GT-R in the video went 60-150 in 5.00 seconds. So, HP to HP the GT-R will be faster. But against a Stage 'R' TTG making 1550+ rwhp, the Lambo will indeed have a slight advantage up top.

I'll be running my buddy who's UGR TTG SL is a one-off E-gear car with billet gears that makes full boost in 3rd gear and up (rather than 4th and up like the other 'R' builds) and is 200 lbs lighter than a regular TTG...so I'm pretty sure I'll be seeing his tail-lights.:)

Any pics of your car?

M-Phibian

Established Member
Any pics of your car?

Sure. I posted a dyno video a while back as well.

IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_63731.jpg

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
FYI; all of the TTGs that run 250 mph in the standing mile are running tall, aftermarket gears focused on standing mile runs. Stock Gallardo gearing limits the cars to right around 200 mph (maybe a touch over with tall tires and a raised redline). The TTG that ran 60-130 in 3.53 is on stock gears.

The final is shorter and the ratios are shorter too.

Left is the Lambo right is the GT-R

1st 2.56:1 vs 4.056
2nd 1.85:1 vs 2.301
3rd 1.42:1 vs 1.595
4th 1.14:1 vs 1.248
5th 0.94:1 vs 1.001
6th 0.81:1 vs 0.796

The only reason the top speeds are similar is because the GT-R goes from a 5th 1.001 to 0.796 in 6th..:shrug: It serves far more as an OD gear than in the Lambo, (probably why the Gallardo gets shit fuel economy compared to the GT-R lol).

Anyways, 60-130mph in 1200whp+ cars..:shrug: That's almost like racing from 0-60.

How much power was the Lambo making before they threw in a custom gear set and went 250mph in a standing mile? From what I remember there was a huge jump in power when they achieved that standing mile time. :) How do you know they were running full boost in those little quick bursts, and what type of tires were they running? I've never seen anything more than a huge street tire on their lambo. Not M&H 275/50/17 racemasters on all 4 corners.

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
The final is shorter and the ratios are shorter too.

The only reason the top speeds are similar is because the GT-R goes from a 5th 1.001 to 0.796 in 6th..:shrug: It serves far more as an OD gear than in the Lambo, (probably why the Gallardo gets shit fuel economy compared to the GT-R lol).

I was correcting the earlier implication that the TT Gallardos with the fastest 60-130 times (and 1/4 mile times) are running the same gear ratios that the TT Gallardos that have hit 250 mph in a standing mile are running. They are not.

How much power was the Lambo making before they threw in a custom gear set and went 250mph in a standing mile?

Around 1600.

How do you know they were running full boost in those little quick bursts, and what type of tires were they running? I've never seen anything more than a huge street tire on their lambo. Not M&H 275/50/17 racemasters on all 4 corners.

I'm fortunate enough to have 4 friends that own Stage 'R' or higher UGR TTGs that make over 1550 rwhp. All of them run R888s and are able to dead hook from 3rd gear up on the street due to the way their power comes on. For roll-ons, they don't have problems with traction on R888s even at their power levels. The guy who currently holds the TTG 60-130, 100-150 and 60-150 records is Peter (who also owns a GT-R) and he is admittedly a bit frustrated that a GT-R beat his 60-130 record. He'll definitely be trying for a faster time, but so will I once I get my car back.:)

What we all agree on, is that while the TTGs have an advantage up top, the GT-Rs do more with significantly less HP.

Here's an overlay of the 4.77 second 60-150 time for Peter's 1550 rwhp (on a Dynojet) TTG on full-boost vs the AMS GT-R's 5.00 second 60-150 at 1300+ whp (on a Dynojet). From a roll on, the cars would be very close. Essentially a driver's race.

TTG is the blue line, GT-R is the red line:

Compare477to500.gif

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
I was correcting the earlier implication that the TT Gallardos with the fastest 60-130 times (and 1/4 mile times) are running the same gear ratios that the TT Gallardos that have hit 250 mph in a standing mile are running. They are not.

Yeah that was my implication, I really had no idea they ran custom gears to do 250mph in a standing mile.

Around 1600.

I'm fortunate enough to have 4 friends that own Stage 'R' or higher UGR TTGs that make over 1550 rwhp. All of them run R888s and are able to dead hook from 3rd gear up on the street due to the way their power comes on. For roll-ons, they don't have problems with traction on R888s even at their power levels. The guy who currently holds the TTG 60-130, 100-150 and 60-150 records is Peter (who also owns a GT-R) and he is admittedly a bit frustrated that a GT-R beat his 60-130 record. He'll definitely be trying for a faster time, but so will I once I get my car back.:)

That's interesting man! I'm curious though, did you guys line up and actually race from 60-130 or 60-150mph? :shrug: Or is he frustrated over what one record claimed over another other from 60mph to whatever. Personally, if I owned a TTG very little would frustrate me! ;-)

What we all agree on, is that while the TTGs have an advantage up top, the GT-Rs do more with significantly less HP.

I actually don't agree with that. Those 60-130mph or 60 to whatever aren't real benchmarks for anything. What is used, GPS equipment? Where are they performed, on any open expressway in any conditions or any slope? :shrug:

This GT-R IS super impressive with a big drag radial in a 1/4 mile, but that doesn't mean shit when it comes to TOUCHING a TTG "with less HP".

The TTG has proved itself in one aspect, a standing mile. 1/4 mile times? On 20inch street tires? 60-130mph? Wait what?

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
YThat's interesting man! I'm curious though, did you guys line up and actually race from 60-130 or 60-150mph? :shrug: Or is he frustrated over what one record claimed over another other from 60mph to whatever. Personally, if I owned a TTG very little would frustrate me! ;-)

Well, if you owned a TTG you'd know how much money you dropped into it...so you might be surprised how easy it is to get frustrated at things like that! Ha ha..

As to your earlier question, a big power GT-R has not raced a big power TTG in a head to head yet. Hopefully we'll get to see how it plays out in the real world very soon, though.

I actually don't agree with that. Those 60-130mph or 60 to whatever aren't real benchmarks for anything. What is used, GPS equipment? Where are they performed, on any open expressway in any conditions or any slope? :shrug:

As far as 60-130 times go, there is a large list on 6speedonline that I created that a lot of people use as a reference. You can see it here (scroll down below the 1/4 mile times to see the multiple lists near the bottom of the first post):
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...icial-60-130-1-4-mile-standing-mile-list.html

Submitted times have to be measured using a Drift box, Performance box or V-box and verified as accurate before they're posted (the units cost around $500.00). They also can't exceed a 3.00% slope. After verifying thousands of these over the years, I can tell you that 60-130 times match up very well with 1/4 trap speeds, but the advantage being that anyone can do without the use of a dragstrip or having to launch their car (not everyone is a drag racer).

This GT-R IS super impressive with a big drag radial in a 1/4 mile, but that doesn't mean shit when it comes to TOUCHING a TTG "with less HP".

The TTG has proved itself in one aspect, a standing mile. 1/4 mile times? On 20inch street tires? 60-130mph? Wait what?

True, the TTG has proved itself in the mile where the GT-R has not (no one has swapped gears in a big power GT-R yet). But the GT-R is already quicker in the 1/4 mile and runs a faster 60-130 with more weight and significantly less HP. The TTG still has the higher trap speed, however.

We'll see how things play out as GT-Rs continue making more and more power. The cars have only been out for 3 years, so their aftermarket still has a lot of room to grow.:beer:

Last edited:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well, if you owned a TTG you'd know how much money you dropped into it...so you might be surprised how easy it is to get frustrated at things like that! Ha ha..

haha I guess I could see that, but it's a TT Lambo. He wins regardless. ;-)

As to your earlier question, a big power GT-R has not raced a big power TTG in a head to head yet. Hopefully we'll get to see how it plays out in the real world very soon, though.

I'd like to see that man. I honestly can't agree that a GT-R performs better with less power because of a vbox 60-130mph claim. :shrug: That's a roll race, that's uh, not a race. A 3% variance is pretty significant when talking about such short bursts of acceleration. Drop the Vbox and line them up side by side. :beer:

True, the TTG has proved itself in the mile where the GT-R has not (no one has swapped gears in a big power GT-R yet). But the GT-R is already quicker in the 1/4 mile and runs a faster 60-130 with more weight and significantly less HP. The TTG still has the higher trap speed, however.

I agree there, honestly that's the only area the TTG has attempted to be competitive though. This GT-R has huge racemasters on 4 corners on lightweight 17inch drag wheels. The fastest TTGs went down a 1/4 mile wearing 20s with a manually shifted gearbox. :shrug: The 60ft in this GT-R is the same most drag cars put down, the fastest TTG? Not even close.

[youtube_browser]8BwIniaHIUE[/youtube_browser]

It didn't even have a 2step for petes sake and it still ran a 9.1 @ 169mph revving and dumping the clutch on big 20inch wheels.

We'll see how things play out as GT-Rs continue making more and more power. The cars have only been out for 3 years, so their aftermarket still has a lot of room to grow.:beer:

I agree there, the GT-R is very impressive. I'll say it again that power curve is just ridiculous for a V6 making over 1300whp . :dw:

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member

Well, to people that place a high degree of importance on a car's badge, you'd be absolutely correct.;)

Drop the Vbox and line them up side by side.

Here's a vid of some medium power cars, but the GT-R makes less power (766 awhp to the TTGs 808 awhp) and weighs considerably more. But of course, it's from a roll...so its not a 'real race'.:)

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coag4LF41Tk"]‪TT Galardo vs GTR‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

It didn't even have a 2step for petes sake and it still ran a 9.1 @ 169mph revving and dumping the clutch on big 20inch wheels.

You realize that is THE fastest 1/4 mile TTG time to date, right? It's UGR's own Nera shop car. It's beefed up everywhere, was driven by the owned of UGR, and to this day is the only TTG to ever run a 9.1 and has never improved upon that E.T., although they have tried numerous times.

The second fastest 1/4 mile time in a TTG ever was driven by my friend Tim in the video below. His car is also a Stage R car, making right around 1570 rwhp. He's actually a very good driver in other cars and is the only guy to break into the 9's in a UGR TTG other than the owner of UGR in his Nera shop car. My point? The average driver in a full-build TTG won't stand a chance against a big-HP GT-R from a dig, regardless of the tire used. Especially on the street. The TTGs shine from a roll, which is why their owners purchase them.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5wnTpdJ6-k"]‪Underground Racing Gallardo 9.96 @ 160mph‬‏ - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

M-Phibian

Established Member
:beer:

Well, to people that place a high degree of importance on a car's badge, you'd be absolutely correct.

Drop the Vbox and line them up side by side.

Here's a vid of some medium power cars, but the GT-R makes less power (766 awhp to the TTGs 808 awhp) and weighs considerably more. But of course, it's from a roll...so its not a 'real race'.:)

[youtube_browser]coag4LF41Tk[/youtube_browser]

You realize that is THE fastest 1/4 mile TTG time to date, right? It's UGR's own Nera shop car. It's been lightened, beefed up everywhere, was driven by the owned of UGR, and to this day is the only TTG to ever run a 9.1 and has never improved upon that E.T., although they have tried numerous times.

The second fastest 1/4 mile time in a TTG ever was driven by my friend Tim in the video below. His car is also a Stage R car, making right around 1570 rwhp. He's actually a very good driver in other cars and is the only guy to break into the 9's in a UGR TTG other than the owner of UGR in his Nera shop car.

[youtube_browser]x5wnTpdJ6-k[/youtube_browser]

My point? The average driver in a full-build TTG won't stand a chance against a big HP GT-R from a dig, regardless of the tire used. Especially on the street. Anyway, I think we both agree that the TTGs are at their best from a roll, which is the primary reason that their owners purchase/build them. I think where our opinions differ is that I believe that HP to HP, the GT-R, primarily due to the dual-clutch tranny, is the faster car from both a dig and from a roll...even though it weighs considerably more. But whether or not you and I agree on a topic on an internet car forum really doesn't matter one way or the other.:)

Last edited:

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
[youtube_browser]8BwIniaHIUE[/youtube_browser]

M-Phibian;10887288[COLOR="Red" said:
]I was correcting the earlier implication that the TT Gallardos with the fastest 60-130 times (and 1/4 mile times) are running the same gear ratios that the TT Gallardos that have hit 250 mph in a standing mile are running. They are not.

[youtube_browser]x5wnTpdJ6-k[/youtube_browser]

So you're saying the Nera car wasn't running the 250mph+ gearing which would make it stock, the same gearing as your buddy, correct? :dw: Seems to me that green car went into either 5th or 6th by the end of the run and didn't even pass 160....

Just pointing out the obvious here....

M-Phibian

Established Member
So you're saying the Nera car wasn't running the 250mph+ gearing which would make it stock, the same gearing as your buddy, correct? :dw: Seems to me that green car went into either 5th or 6th by the end of the run and didn't even pass 160....

Just pointing out the obvious here....

I'm not saying Nera was running 250mph gearing, nor am I saying it was running stock gearing. It's running billet gears with ratios focused on running very quick 1/4 mile times. It's their shop's dedicated drag car that they are trying run 8's with.

The green car is running stock gearing....just like most other Stage 'R' setups. His car will max out at around 200 mph or so in 6th.

Last edited:

HoustonGT

Established Member
That was pretty insane. After reading the last 3 pages and watching the videos, i would love to see what that UGR Black Gallardo would do in the 1/4 with some DR's and an actual launch...

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Well, to people that place a high degree of importance on a car's badge, you'd be absolutely correct.

I never give a degree of importance of to any badge, (I drive a ****ing a Mustang). :)

A Lamborghini looks and sounds phenomenal. A true exotic, stock or 1500whp. While I have mad respect for an R35's performance it doesn't do anything else for me. :shrug: Yeah, it's comfortable and civil, but honestly, that isn't on my huge list of important factors in a go fast toy.

Something about a Gallardo with a V10 screaming behind you, the mid-engine design with it's short hood and insane low/ wide / sleek styling is something that goes way beyond the badge on the trunk.

2010+IMSA+Lamborghini+Gallardo+LP+560-4+GTV+wallpaper+picture.jpg

Here's a vid of some medium power cars, but the GT-R makes less power (766 awhp to the TTGs 808 awhp) and weighs considerably more. But of course, it's from a roll...so its not a 'real race'.

Nice man, I never said roll racing wasn't a real 'race', I meant, self reported times from a vbox from rolling speeds holds little to no significance. If you want to compare numbers that's what we have 1/4 mile tracks and standing mile events for! If you want to compare any other form of acceleration you line two cars up.

You realize that is THE fastest 1/4 mile TTG time to date, right? It's UGR's own Nera shop car. It's been lightened, beefed up everywhere, was driven by the owned of UGR, and to this day is the only TTG to ever run a 9.1 and has never improved upon that E.T., although they have tried numerous times.

I don't understand what you're saying, the UGR car posted a 9.1@169mph too. :shrug: That's with a manual gearbox and a clutch dump driven like it's a 12 second car ha ha.

Also, this GT-R has been lightened and it is beefed up in every aspect as well. Very few cars running low 9s and 8s aren't. :beer: If they aren't they are just on borrowed time so it's only for bragging rights. :thumbsup:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
HAHAHA I think Nera seen this thread and got sick and tired of hereing about the GTR. So a few days later it goes 177mph in the 1/4 to end the discussion so GTR fan boy what are u going to say to discredit the car now. U quote it has weight reduction but yet its been been said its a full street car specs wich is it?

Last edited:

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
^^No he went 177mph a LONG time ago. The video is recent, but the track outing was months in the past. Kevin at UGR has said it went 177mph on 6speedonline before summer. I guess they were just waiting for the right time (or argument) to finally make it public.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
HAHAHA I think Nera seen this thread and got sick and tired of hereing about the GTR. So a few days later it goes 177mph in the 1/4 to end the discussion so GTR fan boy what are u going to say to discredit the car now. U quote it has weight reduction but yet its been been said its a full street car specs wich is it?

I'm sick of your schtick. Why don't you just stay the **** out of any GTR threads from now on? It's not like anyone would be surprised with any of your ****ing comments. Did a ****ing GTR run over your boyfriend?

Users who are viewing this thread