ams1000 for turbos set-ups?

ironpeddler

Established Member
Just got off the phone with a guy telling me about the ams1000 for turbo vehicles. Did some searching here for it, didn't find much except for that tonythebull used one. Are these the way to go for high power, turbo vehicles or is there another system like it that is better. No laptop required, maybe $1000 bucks, looks simple enough but I have 0 experience with anything like it.

ironpeddler

Established Member
Hellion set-up like yours, compund boost. Well I guess I'm not exactly sure if you are going compound though. I actually tried to buy your 62mm turbos your were selling when you upgraded to the 64's. Called your shop and talk to Matt I think. Anyway I would like 1000whp. Was talking with the guy who bought my old blower and his friend has a tt setup and was just supposedly raving about the ams1000, said it was the best money he has ever spent on the car. I couldn't find much here so I asked. Are you going to use one?

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
For a non laptop system, the AMS 1000 is by far the best kit with programmable ramp speeds, boost vs time and launch pressures.

This kit is was used by team MMR to run the fastest GT500 pass ever in our twin turbo Blue 2010 GT500 (6.99 @ 205.4)

Another great kit (but requires a laptop) for initial set-up and adjustment, is the MSD, same features as the AMS 1000 but full screen graph like display (time vs .boost) We keep both kits in stock, let us know how we can help!

We can also set you up with a base setting in either unit for no charge to help you out, we just need some info such as tires, boost etc

outlaw%20launch%20new%202.jpg

Last edited:

5.4 notch

Established Member
i have an ams 1000 in my car..installed it last year..and its one of the the best things i added to the car...and Seb. at nlr is the best there customer service is by far the best..

Last edited:

FordTT500

I love Turbos
Established Member
Hellion set-up like yours, compund boost. Well I guess I'm not exactly sure if you are going compound though. I actually tried to buy your 62mm turbos your were selling when you upgraded to the 64's. Called your shop and talk to Matt I think. Anyway I would like 1000whp. Was talking with the guy who bought my old blower and his friend has a tt setup and was just supposedly raving about the ams1000, said it was the best money he has ever spent on the car. I couldn't find much here so I asked. Are you going to use one?
Yes I bought an ams1000 setup:
6342ea9e-b4c5-6ef6.jpg

I will also be running an air compressor setup so the wastegate can see full manifold pressure just like people running CO2.
DSC01379.jpg

I have a friend that is using it also and he said it has so much adjustability.
I actually will try both setup with and without compound boost. I am hoping my turbos along with the compressed air will not need the supercharger on top but I will see once my setup is together.

Last edited:

thebull

150 or Bust
Established Member
Yes I bought an ams1000 setup:
6342ea9e-b4c5-6ef6.jpg

I will also be running an air compressor setup so the wastegate can see full manifold pressure just like people running CO2.
DSC01379.jpg

I have a friend that is using it also and he said it has so much adjustability.
I actually will try both setup with and without compound boost. I am hoping my turbos along with the compressed air will not need the supercharger on top but I will see once my setup is together.

I've tried it with and without the blower and Compound is WAY better for street driving!! Everybody I've seen try to drag race without has had a huge problem getting into boost.

I have CO2 on my AMS...doesn't really do much for the driveability. Only makes a difference at full boost.

With a stick car that uses a clutch it reall just controls peak boost.

I've tried it all. Timed boost, button controlled boost....The best results I've had was to set it to the desired boost and ease the clutch out and let it rip.

BUCKET

Established Member
To go grave digging.....

More info on that ams mount/cover plate... Where did you get that, more pics?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
The AMS1000 is hands down the baddest controller out there. It's also what the fast guys are all using (Outlaw DR, SO, ADLR, Outlaw 10.5, ect)

We have installed a lot of these lately and is very easy to use. We actually just did one were we did the same tank but used a different pump. Reason is that that same pump wouldn't maintain the pressure before the pump overheated. It cannot keep up with filling the tank as much as the AMS need's it.

We swapped the pump to a different one (PM for part #) and have had no issue.

Last edited by a moderator:

AlanSVT

Established Member
I Would have gone with the ams1000. If I didn't sell the car. Best controller on the market in that price range

Timbo34

Established Member
Raced motorcycles against NLR, Seb has nice stuff, AMS 1000 is nice, just came out with the AMS2000 also

Users who are viewing this thread