AMSOil fluid arrived and mounted the Racestars

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Since it was quite nice in Northern Virginia today (63 degrees) I thought I would take some pictures of everything that came from AMSOil and mount up my Racestars that I got for Christmas.

Ordered everything from AMSOil on Thursday around 11am and box was at my doorstep by 2pm Friday!!! :rockon::rockon:

I ordered everything for my winter oil change and my spring/summer change along with Transmission and Rear Diff Fluid.

9 Quarts of 0w-30
9 Quarts of 10w-30
2 Oil filters
3 Quarts AMSOil MTG
2 Quarts 75W-140
1 4oz tube of Slip Lock
1 Oil Analysis Kit

Changed the oil and will be sending in my Oil Analysis Kit tomorrow morning. I am coming from Royal Purple 10w-30.

Once I had the oil change completed I install my JLT Oil Separator (Passenger) with the new metal fillings and mounted up the Racestars. Once I get my results on my Oil Analysis I will be sending them to Unleashed Beast to post up in the Oil Analysis Thread found here UAO Thread.

Mounting of the Racestars was a bit interesting, kind of like putting a puzzle together for the first time (Hub Ring, Washers, Long Lugs, Center Caps). Once you go through it the first time it isn't so bad.

Enough boring text...here are the pictures.

All of the AMSOil Goods....
12%2B-%2B10

Oil Analysis Kit, very nice packaging and instructions.

12%2B-%2B9

EAo 17 Oil Filter.

12%2B-%2B4

JLT Oil Separator after the metal fitting was installed...thanks to my brother for the Christmas present.

12%2B-%2B5

12%2B-%2B7

12%2B-%2B6

And finally the Racestars with MT 275-60-r15 ET Streets, clearance is a bit low from top of the tire to the fender on FRPP K Springs. I think I will be swapping in my stock rear springs when I hit the track for a bit more clearance and a softer spring for launches.

12%2B-%2B8

12%2B-%2B2

:pepper::pepper::pepper:

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Are those rear wheels 15x8 or 15x10? I'm getting ready to order my Amsoil fluid too. Wheels look good!!!

BV600

Established Member
Are those rear wheels 15x8 or 15x10? I'm getting ready to order my Amsoil fluid too. Wheels look good!!!

They are probally 15x8 since he has a 275.

OP-Those look good I was going to go with 18s to run a DR but these are Nice. Do you plan on going with the fronts? Anymore Pictures?

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
They are probally 15x8 since he has a 275.

OP-Those look good I was going to go with 18s to run a DR but these are Nice. Do you plan on going with the fronts? Anymore Pictures?

Thanks everyone for the kind words!

They are 15x8, ordered them with tires from American Muscle, also a great company! Always get my parts within 1-2 days. :beer:

I was thinking about running the fronts but I will probably run the 19inch non-Brembo wheels in the front for the first few times down the 1/4. I wanted to overhaul the non-brembo brakes with pads, lines and fluid before I buy anything else:thumbsup:

I can take a few more pics and post them up. Anything in particular you are looking for? I can take a few pictures of the wheel hardware and wheels off of the car next Monday. I got the 10 Lug kit (Deep Lugs) for the RaceStars as well for them to work with the stock studs.

BlackMamba3

Established Member
Everything looks great minus one thing. Why'd you order 0w30? It's pointless unless you're cold starting multiple times a day in temps under 10 degrees. Also, nice choice on the 10w30.

Tispho

Established Member
Amsoil is delicious.

Do you want to sell me your OEM rear valance? I'll give you 50 bux for it.

D.T.R

Established Member
I love that tire combo for the rear. This is most likely what I will go with :D

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Everything looks great minus one thing. Why'd you order 0w30? It's pointless unless you're cold starting multiple times a day in temps under 10 degrees. Also, nice choice on the 10w30.

I chose it based off of a few recommendations from members and reading. My car usually sees 3-4 cold starts a day and sits outside in my apartment complex. Last week when I went to start it up after it sitting all night it was about 12 degrees outside. The second this on and off freezing weather is gone I am going to the 10w-30. If I had a garage I would have just stuck with 10w-30 but it sits outside all night and day...:whine:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Amsoil is delicious.

Do you want to sell me your OEM rear valance? I'll give you 50 bux for it.

Its a bit scuffed up from me backing into a pillar at my work, which is one of the reasons I pulled the trigger on the GT500 valence; but if you need/want it I can bring it by one of the Northern Virginia Mustang Club meets and you can look at it. :beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Looks like you got your summer and winter fills ready to go. Love the racestar wheels, and I want to share my experiences with you. The racestar lug nuts and washers will start to upset you after installing them a few times. The lugs will begin to dig into the washers and the cheap coating will begin to chip off the lugs and rust. They will then begin to like crap, and you will not be happy with them. Not to mention, trying to torque them down when they dig into the washers....and the washers bend in.

Long story short....they suck! Here is the solution.

Racestar - McGard thread

Conclusion....the set of McGard I bought it wonderful, and the quality difference can be felt in your hands.

Also looking forward to your oil sample. Thanks again!

Last edited:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Looks like you got your summer and winter fills ready to go. Love the racestar wheels, and I want to share my experiences with you. The racestar lug nuts and washers will start to upset you after installing them a few times. The lugs will begin to dig into the washers and the cheap coating will begin to chip off the lugs and rust. They will then begin to like crap, and you will not be happy with them. Not to mention, trying to torque them down when they dig into the washers....and the washers bend in.

Long story short....they suck! Here is the solution.

Racestar - McGard thread

Conclusion....the set of McGard I bought it wonderful, and the quality difference can be felt in your hands.

Also looking forward to your oil sample. Thanks again!

Thanks again for all the help with Oil, etc.!! I noticed how "off" the lugs were when I went to tighten them down, I just thought I was being a bit over critical of quality when installing. I will definitely be ordering the McGard Lugs kit before I go to the track! I checked into the thread you posted and from your picture it looks like kit 63014, is that correct?

My brother made a joke saying this is only a gt500 problem cause they have torque....:D:D:D

I found them at Summit for 20 dollars for a 4 pack of lugs & washers...is that the same kit you got?

McGard 63014 - McGard Lug Nuts - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Thanks again for all the help and words of caution on the lugs...:beer::beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
The 63014 Kit is correct, but the centered drilled washers will not work for your bolt pattern. You will require the offset drilled washers, part #78714 (offset washers only). The only way to get a lug nut that works, and has the offset washers in the same package is buying part #63000.

I don't like that option because #63000 has removable black end caps for drag cars that race at very strict tracks. I think the black end caps look ugly, and I didn't want them. Therefore, I had to choose the combination #63014 AND #78714 combo. I also choose to substitute one package of #63014 lugs for the locking versions instead.

Those are #23181

#63000 - DO NOT LIKE! lol
LugRace36.jpg
CapRacing70002.jpg

#63014 - LIKE!
LugShankXLong.jpg

#23181 - Locking version
LockShankXlong.jpg
Key5.jpg

#78714 - Offset washers
WashSSOffset.jpg

Last edited:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Awesome! Thanks again for the help and warning!! Looks like I have a few more things to order...:beer:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
I went ahead and ordered the #63014 and the #78714. I am only going to be running these wheels and tires at the track so I figured I wouldn't need the locking lugs.

I snagged them from Summit Racing...

78714 Washers

63014 Lug Nuts

Thanks again...:rockon:

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
i was told that u have to retorq the racestars. the lug nuts back off. id have locks on them no matter what lol so many low lives out there

Last edited:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
i was told that u have to retorq the racestars. the lug nuts back off. id have locks on them no matter what lol so many low lives out there

Very True...I would hope that no one would just up and steal some wheels at a track but you never know these days. :nonono:

I will be switching back to my daily wheels (19inch Non-Brembos) and will take some pictures of everything bolts,washers, etc.

It was 60s on Saturday, High 50s on Sunday and then this today...:dw::dw:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

I've never had that issue with McGard hardware, and I check them before every race night.

Very True...I would hope that no one would just up and steal some wheels at a track but you never know these days. :nonono:

I will be switching back to my daily wheels (19inch Non-Brembos) and will take some pictures of everything bolts,washers, etc.

It was 60s on Saturday, High 50s on Sunday and then this today...:dw::dw:

Oh boy....drag radials in that weather. Be careful, the car will feel like it has ice skates in the rear. :eek:

H8SUGR

Still a Rookie...
Established Member
Oh boy....drag radials in that weather. Be careful, the car will feel like it has ice skates in the rear. :eek:

O yeah! Luckily I live about 5 miles from work and it wasn't sticking to the road yet. Backup to 55 degrees tomorrow, I wish the weather would just pick one or the other, snow already or leave it sunny....:nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread