AMSOIL product questions

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Amsoil only recommends the use of their engine flush for engines that have been using cheap lubricants for extended periods of time. It's a pre-prep solution that is meant to ready your engine for a true synthetic like Amsoil Signature Series.

I've used it in higher mileage cars and trucks that haven't been well maintained throughout the years. It's good stuff.

Mystic03

Established Member
Amsoil only recommends the use of their engine flush for engines that have been using cheap lubricants for extended periods of time. It's a pre-prep solution that is meant to ready your engine for a true synthetic like Amsoil Signature Series.

I've used it in higher mileage cars and trucks that haven't been well maintained throughout the years. It's good stuff.

just bought a DD has 94K on it 05 ford five hundred car looks like it was taken care of but not sure of their oil useage. i want to use RP 530 in it do you think just a swap over would be ok or shouldi use this engine flush prior?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
just bought a DD has 94K on it 05 ford five hundred car looks like it was taken care of but not sure of their oil useage. i want to use RP 530 in it do you think just a swap over would be ok or shouldi use this engine flush prior?

Engine flush isn't a bad idea.

Another, milder, cleaning prep would be to run Pennzoil Ultra in your engine for 2 oil change intervals. I have respect for their new API SN formulation. The only downside, it's hard to find at Wal Mart for a good price.

Pep Boys sells it, but for $9.79 per quart....I'd buy Amsoil Signature Series first. No offense to Jimmy, but if you are planning on buying Royal Purple (non-HPS) off the shelf, I'd rather use Pennzoil Ultra permanently. It will return superior UOA results. Standard Royal Purple isn't formulated solid with their proprietary additives like older formulation. Only HPS and XPR has carried on that tradition.

Users who are viewing this thread