Amsoil Signature Series 5W-50 meets Ford WSS-M2C931-C recommendation

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Hello fellow Mustang owners. Amsoil finally decided enough Ford vehicles were on the streets and track to formulate a Signature Series lubricant that meets API SN and Ford WSS-M2C931-C requirements. This is a big deal for those who are worried about not having Ford's recommended SAE lubricant in their Mustang.

Amsoil Signature Series 5W-50

This is the only known lubricant to carry Ford's recommendation code other than Motorcraft 5W-50.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

5W-50 (AMR): API SN, SM...; Ford WSS-M2C931-C (Mustang)

This also means Amsoil's Warranty will now cover your Condor, Roadrunner, Trinity, or Coyote engine that is spec'd for 5W-50.

I will edit my recommendation for the Boss 302, Track Pack GT, and GT500 vehicles used on closed course tracks and for those who do not want anything else in their Mustang except 5W-50.

Preferred Customers can purchase this formulation for $8.15 per quart or $92.85 per case (12 quarts). Amsoil's EaO11 oil filter is recommended for your application.

Looks like we have another new lubricant to test in the GT500 UOA Thread. With Amsoil's desire to produce only the best formulation possible, I'd assume it's more shear resistant than Motorcraft 5W-50. However, only time and testing will tell.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Good to hear!

Since the '15GT PP doesn't have a written recommendation for 5w-50 like the 11-14GT Track Pack would you recommend running this in the '15GT PP car that sees a couple of light track sessions a year and maybe 5 quarter mile passes?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Good to hear!

Since the '15GT PP doesn't have a written recommendation for 5w-50 like the 11-14GT Track Pack would you recommend running this in the '15GT PP car that sees a couple of light track sessions a year and maybe 5 quarter mile passes?

Honestly, unsure at this time. The 2015 PP GT is recommended for 5W-20, correct?

In that case, I'd opt for Amsoil ATM 10W-30 for high performance track days (only increasing by 1 SAE grade at this time). If this car has accurate oil pressure sensors, it would be nice to see what hot idle psi is with either lubricant after a jolt around the twisty. It's likely that more viscosity is required for road course. This is just a starting recommendation.

Other Ford cars require 10W-40 or 5W-50 for track use, and this car may not be any different. It would amaze me if it didn't.

Last edited:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Honestly, no. The 2015 PP GT is recommended for 5W-20, correct?

In that case, I'd opt for Amsoil ATM 10W-30 for high performance track days. If this car has accurate oil pressure sensors, it would be nice to see what hot idle is with either lubricant after a jolt around the twisty.
I believe the 5W-20 is the recommendation from Ford. I just had my oil changed at 1000 miles and had the Motorcraft Full Synthetic 5w-20 put in with the 500S filter. I planned on running this for the life of the car.

Running the full synthetic, my oil pressure after full warm up is 20-22PSI while idling.

Ablaze

Established Member
Really great find UB. I've only got 5k miles on my 14. Not sure if I will trade to the 5w50 honestly.. I guess that means I could start taking it to Ford for the oil changes (wouldn't allow them to change it with the 10w40) to document them in case anything happens down the line. Other than that, for the street, not sure of the benefit so far. Will be sure to pay attention and see if any data brought to light changes that.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Doesn't Redline and Quaker State Ultimate durability oil 5W50 also meet the Ford spec?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Doesn't Redline and Quaker State Ultimate durability oil 5W50 also meet the Ford spec?

Red Line still lists the older "B" Ford spec. Either they haven't updated their website, or it was never adapted for Ford's (ConocoPhilips) revision. Knowing Red Line, their 5W-50 still contains levels of ZDDP that is not API SN compliant, therefore making it unable to qualify.

Never seen Quaker State 5W-50

Robot_trainer

Established Member
Finally! I'm in!

Hello fellow Mustang owners. Amsoil finally decided enough Ford vehicles were on the streets and track to formulate a Signature Series lubricant that meets API SN and Ford WSS-M2C931-C requirements. This is a big deal for those who are worried about not having Ford's recommended SAE lubricant in their Mustang.

This is the only known lubricant to carry Ford's recommendation code other than Motorcraft 5W-50.

APPLICATIONS
AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil is excellent for use in all types of gasoline-fueled vehicles. It is recommended for all domestic and foreign vehicles requiring any of the listed performance specifications:

This also means Amsoil's Warranty will now cover your Condor, Roadrunner, Trinity, or Coyote engine that is spec'd for 5W-50.

I will edit my recommendation for the Boss 302, Track Pack GT, and GT500 vehicles used on closed course tracks and for those who do not want anything else in their Mustang except 5W-50.

Preferred Customers can purchase this formulation for $8.15 per quart or $92.85 per case (12 quarts). Amsoil's EaO11 oil filter is recommended for your application.

Looks like we have another new lubricant to test in the GT500 UOA Thread. With Amsoil's desire to produce only the best formulation possible, I'd assume it's more shear resistant than Motorcraft 5W-50. However, only time and testing will tell.

AZGT500

Established Member

APPLICATIONS

Went to Amsoil .com Not seeing it Do you own or work for Amsoil?

Snoopy49

Established Member
I just reposted UB original link. Not everyone knows that most highlighted text contains a hidden link. By pointing it out, at least one more knows.
At least I hope that is the case here.

AZGT500

Established Member
If that was directed at me no attempt at sarcasm/humor. I clicked on it and it didn't work. Ha Ha he he get over yourself

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
If that was directed at me no attempt at sarcasm/humor. I clicked on it and it didn't work. Ha Ha he he get over yourself

Dog-Slaps-Man-in-Face.gif

What's wrong with you?

Users who are viewing this thread