An Open Letter To All 2013 GT500 Owners

5.0 guy

Established Member
Wish I had time to drive my cars more often but business keeps me away or in my truck most of the time. My cars are all very low miles but i appreciate them everytime I get to drive them. One plus is everytime I drive one I get to enjoy an almost new car with massive amounts of power. That's Awsome that some of you drive your cars as much as you can, I prefer to keep mine without paint chips, burnt tires and dark oil. I'm not a person who shows my cars but like to see them lined up in the garage late at night when I'm home. Hope I don't sound boring, it's just me!

Dragster

Established Member
I had my entire hood, bumper and front fenders wrapped so I dont have to see chips in my black paint. did that at 300 miles. also got the rockers and behind the rear wheels done too. now i can drive without the worries.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, I'm at 2200 miles since May 18th.

No track visits, no road courses.

I have hit 165...

5.0 guy

Established Member
It's hard to find someone in this little Colorado town to wrap the front, my 08 finally hit 1,900 miles and I worry about getting chips everytime i drive it since this is truck country. I enjoy all of your driving story's since I'm unable to drive very often. I own multiple motels so I'm on the road a lot plus when I'm home it's difficult to drive without my wife and three kids, the true reason for the SRT8 Jeep.My cars get driven to be washed or to get coffee most of the time but I can assure you it's one hell if a ride everytime!

Nickoli

Established Member
I've had mine 3 weeks today. It has been on 3 different dyno's and made 6-1/4mi passes at the track. I have put just under 2,000 miles on it. I might be one of the youngest '13 Gt500 owners (29) and I enjoy every second of it!

Husky44

Established Member
Just a hair under 3k miles in about 45 days. Track closed in early September, so that'll have to wait until spring. First roadtrip to Fairbanks (700 miles roundtrip) the day after I brought her home. Rain doesn't slow her down; nor does cold temps (gotta tread lightly with the GYs when the thermometer dips into the teens though!), but snow does (caught me by surprise Wednesday, so I had to leave work early before it started building up on the roads). She's sitting patiently in the garage waiting for her end of season oil change, spa treatment (wash, clay bar, and wax) before being tucked in for the winter.

Don't worry OP, this was never intended to be a hangar queen. And she does have a following in town. :D

finsrin

Established Member
Take delivery Tuesday followed by ~1000 mile drive home.
As the Beav might say: Gee Wally, this is gunna be fun !

03reptile

Established Member
Great post, my Annapolis friend. I've clocked 1600 miles so far, and would have more if I weren't traveling so much lately. By the way, I ordered a couple of those Photomask plastic covers for the rear plate of two cars. Am going to war with the proliferation of speed cameras in the "State" of Montgomery County. I'll let you kow if they work!

662HP631TQ

Established Member
This posts assumes everyone paid outright for this car. And that we were all alive when the 65 came out. And that we are older or moreseasoned if you will.

The car I fell in love with believe it or not was the 1999 SVT Cobra along with a 1989 GT 5.0

Both my cousins cars and both some of the reasons I am getting into a 2013 GT500.

5.0 guy

Established Member
One of my buddies had a brand new 89' GT convertible our senior year so I was hooked on Stangs from that point on, I've had seven 5.0's over the years and the current I've had since 99. It's a sickness for me!

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
I look forward to meeting my car. Originally, I was shipping her to Italy, but plans have changed and I'll be retiring from one career only to find another. I'm fortunate to have a loving wife who is supportive of my affinity for fast toys, and damn! - this will be a great one.

The one regret I have is that I've been "felony speeding" in Europe for so long (over 10 years), only to finally own a car which will push me very close to the 200MPH mark in stock form.

I've owned some great German cars, (an '87 745i and two M3s) but I'm proud to come back to America, and to have this car waiting for us as we begin another chapter of our lives.

I'm hopeful to start my next career, and eventually travel back overseas and take the Shelby with us.

Users who are viewing this thread