An update on my slow truck

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
So you would all be suprised that I have not modded my truck in almost 2 years (except for the Bassani headers I put in about 4 months ago). This is strange considering I was doing nothing but working on my truck for almost a year straight about 3 years ago. :poke:

Anyway, I got a new job, and granted I am always out of town and I work too many hours, the pay is good and I get 3 days off. I realize she deserves some mods after years of patiently waiting and constantly having to deal with the humiliation of sporting the 13 second club sticker :lol1: (Ok, so I dont have one) So now my $$$ is most likely going to a built motor and some sort of semblance of a big ass forced induction system (im still pondering this)

For now, enjoy the pics of what I HAVE done so far.

8zg31t.jpg

333xug1.jpg

157n57r.jpg

14d1012.jpg

24wey5d.jpg

2002 Lightning

Established Member
how much did the bed cover cost ?

the L is looking good sofar good looking headunit to i bet that cost some $$$ lol

mcarbine

2003 L #2504
Established Member
I kinda like the red ring on the rims but like stated above I would go with black center caps. Good looking L (although I am biased on blacks :D)

OH-MAN

Established Member
I can't believe you have not got a 13 sec sticker!

I will chastise the person responsible for this oversight.
Wait a min. It is me:idea:

How close to 12s are you?
I bet with a lower temp and some stickies on the back will do it.

I like the red stripe on the wheels. All black is good in direct sunlight but the tire blends into the wheel in shadows or lower light the stripe highlights it.
I will see if we have any stickies

Last edited:

FordFanStan

Established Member
Looks great Mai. I am also sorta not diggin' the red center caps or the stickers. But I like the trucks with a clean no sticker look, just my preference. Hope all has been good with you. I know you messaged me a while back, and sorry I did not have the time to get back to you. If you need any info let me know, you know I am always willing to help. FFS

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member
Looks great Mai. I am also sorta not diggin' the red center caps or the stickers. But I like the trucks with a clean no sticker look, just my preference. Hope all has been good with you. I know you messaged me a while back, and sorry I did not have the time to get back to you. If you need any info let me know, you know I am always willing to help. FFS

Who cares what you like :rolleyes::shrug::lol1:

DjKush

Established Member
Nice man and love the hood and not hating on the wheels just change the gps looks ugly and bulky try a full touhscreen 7inches like mine (my touchscreen LoL) eclipse 6620 looks great and matches ac nobs green. Perfect and nice truck just my 2cents!

Snakestress

Drag Queen
Established Member
how much did the bed cover cost ?

the L is looking good sofar good looking headunit to i bet that cost some $$$ lol

I am proud to say that this truck has managed to stay way below budget, definitely spent less on it overall compared to what most people would think. Thanks to a lot of people on SVTP and AZLOC who give me such good deals. :rockon:

The Gaylord speedstur bedcover with the bedrug and the bedrug was $900. IMO that is a deal you will not come across often. :eek: Bought the headunit from some guy off another car forum for $400 brand new (~$550+ tax @ bestbuy).

I know the wheels are not for everyone. Its temporary though and will soon be replaced when the mods are done. The stickers are something i am not exactly 100% about either but it brings people to the local car sites and gets more participants to local car club/forums, so I am ok with it. To all the haters :p

OH-MAN: Hold those stickers, this baby is gonna go straight to 11's (yeah, i said that last time too lol). I ran at SIR in the summer a year or so ago on slicks 13.019 @ 108 IIRC. I know its gonna get there just need cooler weather. Maybe I will hit the track again in a few weeks.

Thanks for all the compliments guys. Stan, since you failed to reply to my PM, :kaboom:

Hoping to order one of these MMR babies soon and a Whipple if all goes as planned. There goes the bank account... Woooohoooo!!!!:banana::banana:

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
you get your shit painted and I finally change the upper blower pulley with the help of Jubei out this way lol.
looks good slacker!

also the wheels looks MUCH better in person than in pics this I can ****ing attest to 100%
also I hope that subwoofer is working well for ya :)

Oh and I got a new vodka out here for ya to try :)
as a matter of fact im gonna have more :D

Last edited:

fishingfox

Established Member
OH-MAN: Hold those stickers, this baby is gonna go straight to 11's (yeah, i said that last time too lol). I ran at SIR in the summer a year or so ago on slicks 13.019 @ 108 IIRC.:

Mai,

Forget the 13 second stickers and SIR. Bring your baby to Firebird or Speedworld in the cooler weather and 12's are guaranteed. Plus you will have a bunch of AZLOC members for support.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread