Android App.

blownmach1

Established Member
My buddy emailed me this link so i thought I would share it. I already have a Android phone and a window mount so now i am thinking of ordering the OBD bluetooth port. Has anyone tried this or know of anyone that has.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCZyxrS_ixY"]YouTube- Torque on Evo 4G (In Depth View)[/nomedia]

Black306

Established Member
I passed on a China made Bluetooth scan tool and splurged on an OBDlink with the Bluetooth option. I have communication issues with my Eris, but as I understand the problem, the issue is with HTC and its Bluetooth communication software. Torque itself is not bad. I wish there were more options for oem enhanced PIDs and other suport (ie ABS and transmission), but for free or 2 pounds for the paid version, a person can't complain.

blwn306

Established Member
So what is the point to having this? Just curious. I have a evo and wouldn't mind checking it out...

Black306

Established Member
Works on any '96+ car, check codes, reset check engine lights, and view/record live data. It can help diagnose problems.

I opted for an OBDlink so that I can also connect the scanner to my laptop and use PC based scanning software.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Pretty cool and useful app. Man, the things you're able to do with these smart phones. Just keeps getting better and better.

Jefe

Established Member
Which window mount did you get? Pretty cool app for those who arent able to datalog....

scorched

Established Member
i just installed this app and got my bluetooth obd2 adapter in. does anyone know if there is a way to read iat2? it only lists an option for intake temp

Black306

Established Member
i just installed this app and got my bluetooth obd2 adapter in. does anyone know if there is a way to read iat2? it only lists an option for intake temp

Yes there is, sorta. You will have to know how to configure the PID. It is not a generic PID and enhanced Ford PIDs are not available for Torque.

scorched

Established Member
so i found the pid (16a8) for the iat2 sensor, but are you saying the torque app wont allow it? in the paid version when you select your manufacturer a selection for ford shows up. i just cant get the app to recognize it. also i found the formula that the app needs to configure it, but wont allow me to input it, keeps giving me a parentheses error
((A-128)*256)+(B) = -32512-32512 DEGREE F - 16A8 IAT2-INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE SENSOR 2 INPUT DEGREE F

Last edited:

Black306

Established Member
I don't have the paid version. I'm not completely sold on Torque enough to pay for it. The live data available on the free version is, well, less than accurate.

But when I've tried to figure out how to do fuel pump duty cycle and a few other PIDs, none seem to work.

markuswe

Established Member
Any news about this?
I'm also very interested in the PIDs for IAT2 and Fuel Pump Duty Cycle.
I tried it with my new Galaxy S but it doesn't seem to work. Always got the "check parentheses"-error, when I put in the equation.

markuswe

Established Member
Good news: "check parentheses"-error is fixed in the newest update.
But my Torque on Galaxy S only read weird numbers.
Can anyone check this please?

Users who are viewing this thread