Annoying Vibration

arepee

Established Member
I've been snooping around for a while, but this is my first post! Hoping that someone has an idea of how I can fix this.

I have a vibration that has started very recently. It only starts if the wind is just right or I'm driving 70 or faster, it is pretty loud and incredibly annoying especially on road trips. I first thought that it was coming from the passenger side windshield wiper but after tinkering I believe it is now coming from the rubber gasket along the bottom of the windshield. Has anyone else experienced this vibration/any tips on making it go away? I'm still under warranty so I can take it into the dealership, but would like to take a chance at it myself if it's a quick and easy fix.

If it helps, I have a 2012 GT/CS.

I appreciate any advice that you may have to offer.

Ross

arepee

Established Member
The only mod to date is a Magnaflow axle back exhaust. The exhaust has been on the car for some time and the vibration/noise is much more recent.

Ross

arepee

Established Member
Good call. It was definitely looser on the passenger side than the driver's side. I opened it up as if I was going to change the cabin air filter. I don't believe I noticed the retainer clips holding the cowl on when I changed the air filter last time. Tightened up nicely, we'll see if it quiets down on my next drive. Thanks for the input and I'll let you know if that fixed it.

Thanks,

Ross

Users who are viewing this thread