Another Alternator

Gearhead-FMC

Established Member
Well 48k mi and alternator crapped out.... just par for these cars. Anyone know where to buy replacement or get rebuild without paying the $290 stealership pricing -- in San Diego, CA?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Tousley Ford, there a vendor here. I've actually been to there dealership great guys! Ask for Steve or Mike. Or go with a Start n charge. Type in a search you'll find some useful info on them. GL.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ditto to what Bdubbs said. Either go with a replacement through Tousley Ford or go with a Start 'N Charge heavy duty alternator.

Black306

Established Member
Not knocking Tousley or Start-N-Charge, but I just wanted to throw another option in the mix.

I've been keeping my options open in the event I did need another alternator. Personally, if/when mine fails, I'd rather not put another stock alternator back in just cause of the relatively high failure rate. My eye was then on Start-N-Charge. However, I came across these guys.

Ford 6G Small Case High Output Alternator

They don't seem to have much of an online presence, so it was hard finding "dirt" on them. Most of what I found says they have good customer service. Worse case I found was a BMW owner not receiving a good 300A alt (stock is 180A), but he apparently got his money back.

They do have a presence on ebay and their track record looks good.

eBay My World - qualitypower1

I only bring this up cause you [Gearhead-FMC] are in San Diego and they are in Yucaipa (~110 miles north of you). Not sure how you feel about having your supplier so close, but it could be a good thing.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
is the failure rate of the oem Alts on the Terminators due to their location on the block?
99-01's seem to have better longevity being at the top front of the motor.. Is heat a factor?

Users who are viewing this thread