Another Demon record 9.14@152

Jefe

Established Member
DBag Hennessey "forgot" to mention it has a 4.5L Whipple on it LOL

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/dodge/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon/hpe1000/

NCLUDES:
• 4.5L Supercharger
• Supercharger pulley upgrade
• Throttle body upgrade
• Stainless steel long tube headers
• High-flow catalytic converters
• High-flow supercharger bypass valve
• Upgraded high-flow fuel injectors
• Boost-a-pump upgrade
• HPE calibration upgrade
• High-flow air induction system

gofast15

Established Member
I'm sure front skinnies and rear Hoosier slicks will provide complete comfort LOL

John Hennessey. “Over the past several months we have worked to develop a low 9 second drag car that our customers can drive to the track, put on an impressive show with blistering 1/4 mile times, and then drive home in complete comfort.”

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm sure front skinnies and rear Hoosier slicks will provide complete comfort LOL

John Hennessey. “Over the past several months we have worked to develop a low 9 second drag car that our customers can drive to the track, put on an impressive show with blistering 1/4 mile times, and then drive home in complete comfort.”
Who needs run flats?

Jefe

Established Member
SRT Mush is going to beat this record with what, maybe $4K in mods? Hennessey would charge someone at least $25K for this

Jefe

Established Member
I left out the best part of the HPE1000 mod list

• Professional installation
• All necessary gaskets & fluids
• Chassis dyno testing
• Road testing (up to 200 miles)
• Hennessey exterior badges
• HPE1000 badges
• Serial numbered plaques
• Hennessey premium floor mats
• 1 Year /12,000 mile limited warranty

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Still a Demon just like the Camaro with a Whipple is still a Camaro even if its the ZL1 but of course there is quite a price difference. Wonder what the converter stalls at now and if they made any changes to it. Them 4.5's are bog ole boys...

http://hennesseyperformance.com/vehicles/dodge/2018-dodge-challenger-srt-demon/hpe1000/

NCLUDES:
• 4.5L Supercharger
• Throttle body upgrade
• Boost-a-pump upgrade

cam346

Established Member
wow fast car 152 mph that hauling the mail. I think vr zl1 ran 152.97 at 9.58. yes it's not stock ,but dam these cars are flying.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
yea two totally different set up cars but MPH is almost the same so the Power is close as their both heavy but the Demon probably got the Camaro by 300 lbs. 300 lbs is a shitload of weight. My buddy weighs 315 lbs and when he is in the car the Turbo spools up way slower lol

wow fast car 152 mph that hauling the mail. I think vr zl1 ran 152.97 at 9.58. yes it's not stock ,but dam these cars are flying.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator

NCLUDES:
• 4.5L Supercharger
• Throttle body upgrade
• Boost-a-pump upgrade

Wow, that is pretty significant to leave out when claiming the record! Follows suit with the history that lingers with this company.

Zemedici

Established Member
Still a Demon just like the Camaro with a Whipple is still a Camaro even if its the ZL1 but of course there is quite a price difference. Wonder what the converter stalls at now and if they made any changes to it. Them 4.5's are bog ole boys...

Stock converter i would believe. Don’t forget they’re 8 speed autos, with a 2.62 rear gear

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
He must be reborn or something, because Ford chose him as one of the lucky few to own a New Ford GT. Certainly they have heard the stories.
He’s active among the Ford GT crowd. Which I believe is the reason he received one. To me it looks like they just put up with him. How many lawsuits is he currently defending?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I left out the best part of the HPE1000 mod list

• Professional installation
• All necessary gaskets & fluids
• Chassis dyno testing
• Road testing (up to 200 miles)
• Hennessey exterior badges
• HPE1000 badges
• Serial numbered plaques
• Hennessey premium floor mats
• 1 Year /12,000 mile limited warranty
Does the warranty start the day you give him your car or the day Hennessey gives it back to you 11 months later?
Classic! Road testing, so he and his staff can go out and beat the hell out of your brand new car. Haha. And you pay him for his pleasure...

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
He’s active among the Ford GT crowd. Which I believe is the reason he received one. To me it looks like they just put up with him. How many lawsuits is he currently defending?

Just being active among the GT crowd doesn't get you a new GT. I suspect it's significantly more than just simply putting up with him. They kick people out of that club for much less drama. Lots of passionate original GT owners with zero drama associated with them were passed over. Ford would have absolutely been aware of the alleged transgressions during the application process, and for whatever reason, looked past them.

Not sure on your last question....I have no idea on his current legal situation. How many lawsuits are GM, Ford, or Toyota defending at any one time?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread