Another good use for Plasti dip

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
The hood liner wasn't looking so black, gave a coating of Plasti dip

eaa0ee58.jpg

redrocket16

Established Member
That looks great! I found my best use for it so far on my car was on the windshield wipers, the sun had faded them and a few coats brought them back to life. It can also work great on the cowls too.

9150notch

Established Member
That may just be the best use of plasti-dip I have seen; well done sir. You just gave me an idea...

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The heat won't make it melt?

I've never seen anyone put it to the test like that. I do know that it has resistance to about 150 degrees, but even looking around online, can't find anything for high heat durability. However, black absorbs the sunlight and can easily get up to 150 on the hotter days. I defer to other plasti dip experts at this point.

TS, If you drive the car for an extended period of time, my best advice would be to check under the hood. Last thing you want is the dip melting and getting all over your engine bay. That would be a hell of a mess to clean up.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Yeah...I am with others. If that stuff starts to melt and enough of it drops on the manifolds you might be running a risk of an engine fire.

46-062

Established Member
Instead of guessing, I looked at the Plast Dip website. The product has been tested between -30F to +200F. I wouldn't use the stuff on the exterior of my car in Palm Springs let alone the underside of my hood.

SPEEDRACER88

I didn't pick your car
Established Member
Update, still looks great and it's never going to melt off... I was at the track the other night and have gone for hour long drives. The only problem I have is that it rubs my STB a little.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Update, still looks great and it's never going to melt off... I was at the track the other night and have gone for hour long drives. The only problem I have is that it rubs my STB a little.

Thanks for the update. Good to know its been holding up.

I'm sure the rated temps for it's durability are mostly liability. I'd still keep an eye on it though.

cbradley49

Established Member
i plasti dipped my factory coil covers and they look great. also did the battery box/cover and it is still holding up great. I have also plasti dipped alot of wheels and some wings and they are all holding up great. My fiance's s40 has already been through a tire change with the plasti dip on it and is still going strong. Just a little bit of the silver of the wheel showing through from the tire change. The wheels look perfect underneath as well

Users who are viewing this thread