ANOTHER KILL- 91/92 LX 5.0

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
On my way to work today I'm at a red light. Through my side mirror I see this mustang comming fast w/ a cowl hood and outside mounted gauges.When he pulled up I glanced to see what it was all about. nothing special typical wanna be. The light turns green and I wait.... he takes off first and mashes it! I did to just as soon as he did...neck and neck through 1st gear, he shifts to second first, when I did, I barked the tires hard.... I'm now up by 1 1/2 cars.....he starts fading...( this JDM chip pulls like hell) 3rd gear and I'm looking at him through side view mirror, must of been back like 5/6 cars easy. I shut her down when I saw upcomming traffic. I catch the next red light and he pulls up looks at me and smiles. I asked him what he had done to the stang and he says " not much, the usuall you know pullies, exhaust, gears..." I told him it seemed like much more w/the hood and gauges. The light turned green and I smoked him again... only by more this time. He finally decided he had enough so I shut her down. After that I turned and before that he honked gave me a thumbs up. Cool guy I guess....
Sorry about the long post, but I like to give details.

Last edited:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
No need to ever apologize for the length of your kill stories. Details are what makes the story! A kill is a kill is a kill...details are what makes them special! :-D

Keep 'em coming, the longer the post, the more detail, the better (just read some of mine and GR8White's, LOL) :D:D:D.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Sorry about ripping the stang. I used to own one before so I sort of feel your pain. But I can't let the L get thrashed either, a rock and a hard place if you know what I mean.

manystangs

SVT Poster
Established Member
Nice Kill! I've always wanted to race an L, but none around here seem to want to. I don't know why anyone would trash one, they must be a dumbass then.....

dan

wheelspin

Established Member
My brother's neighbor had a 4 cyl. with a 3 inch cowl hood and Saleen whaletail spoiler, so that doesn't mean much. He was probably pretty stock judging by how you whooped him. Good kill. Now maybe he will go get more mods and up the Ford bar a bit acrosss the board. :)

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Originally posted by manystangs
Nice Kill! I've always wanted to race an L, but none around here seem to want to. I don't know why anyone would trash one, they must be a dumbass then.....

dan
Ill race you after I get mine..............

wheelspin

Established Member
%50. HAHA! Hell, you got that laying around in the cushions of the couch, right? Yikes. Oh well. I could never swing one. We did the new convertible GT thing for about three years, but it was less fun than my older toys because it cost so much more to hot rod, and the payments ate up all the hod rod money anyway! So I went ahead and sold it this spring. :sad It was fun while we had it, but I think it's more fun having that payment money to throw at my older car every month.

Users who are viewing this thread