Another merger that could affect all of us

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
Laws only exist for those without enough money or influence in the government to get politicians to look the other way. It amazes me at how we see, on a daily basis, news stories of corruption and citizens having rights taken. Ummm, what the **** is going on in this country? We have lost our way. Our government is just as corrupt as any other and they find ways to take more from us. Between the EPA, BLM, IRS, VA, etc... Our government is a joke. We fought against a country for our independence for less. If it was 1914, Obama and his crew would be hung from trees on the White House lawn. Today, we cannot speak out against the corruption because you are labeled a racist.

You bet ATT will put a lot of money in some politicians and judges pockets and it will go through without a hitch. We will be boned some more for more money.

Last edited:

starnsey

Established Member
I talked to a sales rep for DirecTV in Best Buy the other day (because they always come up to you and interrupt your shopping, ended up being nice guy though) Anyway he was saying how people are ditching tv providers left and right and how sales are really down all over due to the internet and streaming. This merger probably makes a lot of sense for both companies. ATT knows delivery and Direct knows content.

Be on the lookout for more fiber lines and 4k streaming content from these guys :D

Yeah at the cost of them putting it in your butt with sandpaper lube.

97ReoCobra

Established Member
Laws only exist for those without enough money or influence in the government to get politicians to look the other way. It amazes me at how we see, on a daily basis, news stories of corruption and citizens having rights taken. Ummm, what the **** is going on in this country? We have lost our way. Our government is just as corrupt as any other and they find ways to take more from us. Between the EPA, BLM, IRS, VA, etc... Our government is a joke. We fought against a country for our independence for less. If it was 1914, Obama and his crew would be hung from trees on the White House lawn. Today, we cannot speak out against the corruption because you are labeled a racist.

You bet ATT will put a lot of money in some politicians and judges pockets and it will go through without a hitch. We will be boned some more for more money.

Absolutely correct on all counts. Except it's been going on since long before Obama.

ViciousJay

Established Member

Any with that they can have my cable box back, ill simply do internet only and use an antenna and download everything I want to see

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Any with that they can have my cable box back, ill simply do internet only and use an antenna and download everything I want to see

And then they will just force bundled packages and not give you a choice of internet only packages, and any other ISP's will be run out of the market or not be able to provide you with more than a 2-3mpbs connection.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
IN my area, directTV was linked to Verizon. I am assuming there was some kind of contract loophole that allowed ATT to swoop in and propose this merge. Can't believe Verizon didn't, seeing as how they were already in business together.

That said, I freakin hate DirectTV, or really any satellite dish company. They refused to service our lines etc at my old house because nothing else was offered in that area, so therefore, why did they care that we have a crappy signal and picture?
On another note, at what point do we say these companies have a monopoly? That came up with the Time Warner merger and I thought they were going to axe it.

kZmGo3l.jpg

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I talked to a sales rep for DirecTV in Best Buy the other day (because they always come up to you and interrupt your shopping, ended up being nice guy though) Anyway he was saying how people are ditching tv providers left and right and how sales are really down all over due to the internet and streaming. This merger probably makes a lot of sense for both companies. ATT knows delivery and Direct knows content.

Be on the lookout for more fiber lines and 4k streaming content from these guys :D
You do know that it will be years before there is true "4k" native content, right? A lot of stuff right now is not even broadcast in 1080P, hell, not every channel is HD yet.
Its pointless having fiber speeds if you are going to be capped at 250GB…… A commercial 1080P movie roughly 2 hrs is what, 20GB? Imagine how fast you're gonna be chugging your monthly data. Don't get me started on STEAM PC users…..
Sadly, that won't work if things are going the way they are. Net neutrality is killing all that crap. Put that aside, almost every ISP is putting a monthly cap. This is one of the reasons why I have TWC internet but from what I read Comcast has a data cap as well so im screwed when the merger begins.

Google Fiber seems to put all these big ISP companies on a strain that they're trying to do whatever they can to stop it from spreading.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
It sucks Google fiber is still a long ways away from being available for everyone.

TorchMach

Established Member
I really hope Google comes up with their Internet TV so you can run everything through WiFi. I believe it was in the works already in some parts of the country? Let's say $50 for Internet and TV with the channels you ONLY want. Maybe at $.25 a channel? Kind of what Apple did with the music industry at $1 a song.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I really hope Google comes up with their Internet TV so you can run everything through WiFi. I believe it was in the works already in some parts of the country? Let's say $50 for Internet and TV with the channels you ONLY want. Maybe at $.25 a channel? Kind of what Apple did with the music industry at $1 a song.
Google Fiber is internet TV. In order to watch anything from WiFi you need a router hooked up to a modem from an ISP which goes back to what we want, Google Fiber.
Its worthless having a streaming account with your ISP being VZW/ATT, its no different from what Netflix is fighting right now for Net Neutrality.

Users who are viewing this thread