Another new guy!

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
hi all, another proud new cobra owner here. :D i picked her up a couple weeks ago after waiting for what seems like an eternity. ordered a '99, that had problems, no production in 2000, held off on a 2001 in case the problem resurfaced, etc. etc. but was it worth the wait? you bet! stock, this car is unbelievable. now i just have to see how long i can wait before joining the "dark side". ;-)

since the car's so new i haven't really done much - just h&r ss springs (pita to install the rears), moved over the wheels from my '00 gt, triax, and the requisite k&n. freebie mods include removing the blanket (water damaged after washing!) and vents, shortening the antenna, and removing the silencer. anyway, here's my dsg vert!

cobra_01.jpg

cobra_02.jpg

NCStanger

Established Member
Luke, I am your fatherrrrrrrrrrr..... Haven't seen those wheels out here on a cobra before. Those are rad, or err phat I mean. You know what I mean--your from Cali. You are gonna turn heads with that you know, and when you are getting down on it, their heads will spin almost. Welcome to the galaxy.

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
hi all, another proud new cobra owner here. :D i picked her up a couple weeks ago after waiting for what seems like an eternity. ordered a '99, that had problems, no production in 2000, held off on a 2001 in case the problem resurfaced, etc. etc. but was it worth the wait? you bet! stock, this car is unbelievable. now i just have to see how long i can wait before joining the "dark side". ;-)

since the car's so new i haven't really done much - just h&r ss springs (pita to install the rears), moved over the wheels from my '00 gt, triax, and the requisite k&n. freebie mods include removing the blanket (water damaged after washing!) and vents, shortening the antenna, and removing the silencer. anyway, here's my dsg vert!

welcome! looks sharp! what method did you use to lower the antenna?:thumbsup:

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
thanks guys! i've got the bassani setup (catted x and catback) waiting to be installed this weekend but i think that'll be it for probably a month or so (yeah right lol). just want to make sure there's nothing wrong w/ it before i go nuts.

ps - fairway ford (http://www.go2fairway.com) in placentia, ca has the best unadvertised prices on bassani stuff in case anybody's interested in going that route. saved over 120 from rpmoutlet's prices.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
lol, you guys are a riot. seemed a shame to waste perfectly good wheels/tires so i busted out the mother's polish and put them on until i decide on something else. re: the shortened antenna i used the "dremel-bench-grinder-superglue" method. ;-)

arizona302

Established Member
1st of all great user name :lol:

the car looks sweet those wheels are just right!

Pyro

Established Member
Mod-mod-mod!
It's like a drug pusher. The first mod is free(silencer removal) so you get hooked. The rest will cost you!

Users who are viewing this thread