another odometer pic

mike69440

Established Member
Well At the rate I've put on Mileage the past 3 Months at near 3K per month I'd have had a high mileage machine had I done that for 14 years straight, but fortunately I've got only 80,750 miles.

Your an Inspiration!

rabbitweasel

Established Member
I don't think I've ever driving a car that hit this high. I once recall driving my dad's friend's 85 Surburban and rolling past 90K on it. It only has 5 pre-decimal digits and he said it was really passing 290K at the time.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Miles add up fast living in a rural area..poteet is south of san antiono

work is always 100mile plus round trip and now I also work in austin which is 240mile trip..

car runs 80mph for most of the time..

badjuicedgt

Established Member
I wonder if it will be like the older digital dashes like in the e350 ambulances we had one when I was a paramedic that hit 399999.9 and went back to 300000.0 we thought something was wrong with the odometer until we talked to ford. Ford told us they never programmed the odometers to go over the 399999.9 because they didn't expect people to use them that long. That same ambulance has hit that mark 3 times and has only had a tranny put in it, the truck is a gutless wonder because its a 94 so its a non turbo 7.3 but man that thing is unbreakable.

hotcobra03

Established Member
I wonder if it will be like the older digital dashes like in the e350 ambulances we had one when I was a paramedic that hit 399999.9 and went back to 300000.0 we thought something was wrong with the odometer until we talked to ford. Ford told us they never programmed the odometers to go over the 399999.9 because they didn't expect people to use them that long. That same ambulance has hit that mark 3 times and has only had a tranny put in it, the truck is a gutless wonder because its a 94 so its a non turbo 7.3 but man that thing is unbreakable.

This is interesting...im hoping to hit 400 by new years..been really busy and its going to get busier over next 4 months

mike69440

Established Member
Miles add up fast living in a rural area..poteet is south of san antiono

Work is always 100 mile plus round trip and now I also work in Austin which is 240mile trip..

car runs 80mph for most of the time..

I was in Austin area for a week end of August.

Interesting tidbit comparing State of NH. NH has a population of 1.4 Million, same as Austin Plus surrounding Suburbs. NH is only 4X area of Greater Austin, but 90% of NH population is in 30% of southern part of NH, next to Taxachussets. Except for winter and frost heaved country roads, NH , Maine, Vermont and upstate NY have some incredible nice driving roads.

But San Antonio dwarfs Austin. HUGE CITY.

That part of Texas has amazing highways but has horrible traffic. Same goes for Houston and to a lesser extent Dallas

When not in traffic, with posted 80 mph limits, how do you keep Cobra under 100?

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
This is interesting...im hoping to hit 400 by new years..been really busy and its going to get busier over next 4 months

Would it be possible to reset the odometer if it doesn't keep going just so you can keep going and keep track of how many miles you're putting on it?

Jefe

Established Member
Close enough haha! Anything needed in the past 25k miles? Did you dyno at 400k?

Maintenance list for those that are curious

list of things that have been replaced
driverside head...@70k dropped valve cyl#6,again @210k dropped valve cyl#6 again@275k crack up spark plug threads cyl#7
heat exchanger twice ...rock damage
rear end gears @170k...blew up,,,,switched to 373
engine mounts @210k
rear inner tie rod links @280k
front rotors @225k
front frame mount sway bar bushings @225k
front of rear diff bushings @60k
throttlebody@100k sticking shaft
bearing retainer @40k
tob atleast 6 times if not more lost count
alt @100k
intercooler pump @125k
upper rad hose @297k
coils @297k
on my 3rd battery
side mirror broke from tree falling on car during a storm
electric cooling fan @200k..fan blade ring broke
clutch cable @293k
issues after head repair causing cam sprockets to break along with 2 timing chain adjusters
pcv valve a few times,couple fuel filters,belts,brake pads,tires
engine vaccum harness ...along with pcv hose at back of blower
front and rear wheel bearings..
main issue at this time is the lower crank pulley ,,the rubber has blown out, the tri bar and pulley are toast...ive been putting what ever i can find to press in for now to hold tight...

Last edited:

BossBlock302

BANNED
Established Member
Close enough haha! Anything needed in the past 25k miles? Did you dyno at 400k?

Maintenance list for those that are curious

list of things that have been replaced
driverside head...@70k dropped valve cyl#6,again @210k dropped valve cyl#6 again@275k crack up spark plug threads cyl#7
heat exchanger twice ...rock damage
rear end gears @170k...blew up,,,,switched to 373
engine mounts @210k
rear inner tie rod links @280k
front rotors @225k
front frame mount sway bar bushings @225k
front of rear diff bushings @60k
throttlebody@100k sticking shaft
bearing retainer @40k
tob atleast 6 times if not more lost count
alt @100k
intercooler pump @125k
upper rad hose @297k
coils @297k
on my 3rd battery
side mirror broke from tree falling on car during a storm
electric cooling fan @200k..fan blade ring broke
clutch cable @293k
issues after head repair causing cam sprockets to break along with 2 timing chain adjusters
pcv valve a few times,couple fuel filters,belts,brake pads,tires
engine vaccum harness ...along with pcv hose at back of blower
front and rear wheel bearings..
main issue at this time is the lower crank pulley ,,the rubber has blown out, the tri bar and pulley are toast...ive been putting what ever i can find to press in for now to hold tight...

Quite the maintenance record!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread