Another On3 thread.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
So gimme11s thread is a little hijacked so I'm starting this one. I have my On3 kit sitting in the garage right now. I will post up some thoughts as well and some pictures of mods to the kit. There have been changes to this kit so I will highlight those as well.
So far I have noticed the dreaded drivers waste gate issue, however I only played with it for about 15mins. There is a spacer in the kit but even with it I think there might be some issues. I will post pics later. I think this spacer was a change to the kit.

Update 26 Nov: kit is completely on the car and it's running. Had 2 exhaust leaks, both between the upper and lower down pipes. The v bands were at fault. 1 I took a sledge hammer to have the v area not as wide. The other side I ended up using a different v band.

The upper down pipes both touch the strut towers so later I will clearance them with a sledge.

Over all the hardware is shit. The bolts for the headers were the wrong thread pitch but even if they were they are crap quality. The v bands are too wide as stated above. The bolts for the waste gate clamps are way too weak and I stripped all of them. Ended up at lowes and bought some 1/4-20 grade 8 Allen heads and some grade 8 nuts. While I was there I picked up 2 fittins for the oil drain sine 2 were missing! All of the other bolts like the banjo bolts had burs on them... Not the best thing for a bolt.

The "threaded" holes for the maf looked liked they were threaded with a lil kids toy drill.

Besides all of this its not too bad of a kit for the price.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The spacer presents it's own set of problems.

Don't use the spacer. Just use a thicker gasket at the turbo flange to lift the turbo up a little. This will reduce the amount of grinding that needs to be done on the hot side.

Nuar

Established Member
Looking forward to the pics and your honest review. I love reading these threads. Makes me more optimistic about the kit.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
I'm actually fighting with this right now on my install. Not only is the wastegate clamp hitting the turbine housing, but the actual wastegate pipe is hitting the turbine housing too. I had to grind the bracket, pipe, and turbine housing in two different places. Fun stuff.

cb900f

Established Member
I'm actually fighting with this right now on my install. Not only is the wastegate clamp hitting the turbine housing, but the actual wastegate pipe is hitting the turbine housing too. I had to grind the bracket, pipe, and turbine housing in two different places. Fun stuff.

Did you use the little clamp provided?

MRSUPRA

Established Member
/\Yes.

The turbo flange spacer would have helped clearances a lot. But I read what Gimmie11's said about it throwing the downpipe fitment off, and I didn't want to create even more problems.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
I have off Wednesday so by the end of the day I will know a solution to this waste gate issue. Just ordered a 1/2" spacer. If it's too thick I will just mill it down.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Had a late night and got to a 30 min later work call this morning (thanks piece of shit boss). Woke up early and couldn't sleep. Got the drivers side all bolted up. Yes the supplied angled space died cause a issue, however with brute force it's all on. Need to address the shitty clamps that are supplied but besides that here it is.
15e7c937eafe354b56dab4bd14be0153.jpg
ed11587145155424572f68b39c7fefbe.jpg

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Sooooo, did you just muscle that bitch on there or what? I'm doing this install this summer, trying to find the best way to do the drivers side downpipe now so I can not have the troubles later, hahah.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
So basically I whipped my huge shlong out and... No I put the waste gate on the manifold then the waste gate to the down pipe. From there the down pipe was about 9/16-3/4" too low from the turbo so I just pulled it up enough to get the v band on but it was still 3/8-7/16" too low so I just started tightening up the v band and it actually pulled it all together. When I take it all apart again I will get step by step pics. It's a bitch though I won't lie.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Awesome, pics will be helpful for sure for anyone trying to figure it out. I think the drivers side downpipe is a pain on any twin install.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
The passengers side actually looks like it's gonna suck. Not much space to play with. My k-member is out so I can move the engine towards each side and it still looks tight. Il find out tonight I guess.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
The passengers side actually looks like it's gonna suck. Not much space to play with. My k-member is out so I can move the engine towards each side and it still looks tight. Il find out tonight I guess.

Passenger side went together much easier than the drivers side. You shouldn't have a problem.

WIPLASH1

Established Member
My only suggestion is to make sure the wastegates seat. I had to send both of mine back.

One of them was extremely noticeable, so I pressure tested the other and it failed miserably. Chad did a quick turnaround on them and they tested out great when I got them back.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Had a late night and got to a 30 min later work call this morning (thanks piece of shit boss). Woke up early and couldn't sleep. Got the drivers side all bolted up. Yes the supplied angled space died cause a issue, however with brute force it's all on. Need to address the shitty clamps that are supplied but besides that here it is.
15e7c937eafe354b56dab4bd14be0153.jpg
ed11587145155424572f68b39c7fefbe.jpg

wastegate does not appear to be seated on the header. It might be... but does not appear all the way down.

You'll know when you fire her for the first time. Driver's side was exhaust leaks galore for me.

Users who are viewing this thread