Another SHELBY in the WORKS??? It's a Shelby GT

TXRickC

Established Member
It's called Shelby GT
Only difference between it and the Hertz rental, no 'H' on the name and offered in other colors.

sucks, was hoping for a GT350 revival

Last edited:

TXRickC

Established Member
Noth much yet,
320hp like the Hertz rental
(why not cough up another 30hp and badge it GT350?)

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
TXSVTLIGHTNING said:
It's called Shelby GT
Only difference between it and the Hertz rental, no 'H' on the name and offered in other colors.

ford took the easy route in creating the hertz. if this info is true they took the easy way out again. come to think about it that is so weak, any guy that knows how to use a hammer can create the mustang gt hertz. lets see take a mustang gt add intake, exhaust, lowering springs and stripes. bingo a new hertz edition mustang. give me a break ford.

the gt500 is so sweet, it sounds like your on the right track with the new boss, dont weazel out with a weak gt350!:bash:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
if you want to reuse parts do it right.

shelby gt -

gt500 front, california edition hood, 4.6 4 valve with blower, 3.55 gears, gt500 suspension, 13 brakes, gt500 colors, t56, and no spoiler. for 36k msrp. this would be sweet.

BOSS 32V

---- TermiFox ----
Established Member
ON D BIT said:

shelby gt -

gt500 front, california edition hood, 4.6 4 valve with blower, 3.55 gears, gt500 suspension, 13 brakes, gt500 colors, t56, and no spoiler. for 36k msrp. this would be sweet.
That's a terminator with sn97 body! and live axle!

eci

Banned
ON D BIT said:

shelby gt -

california edition hood? The C/S has the same hood as the GT.

eci

Banned
earl lee said:
Better come with a manual, arent all the hertz slush boxes?

I prefer a manual, but the 5 spd auto in current stangs is anything but a slush box.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
eci said:
GT500
07GT500_mw28_jpg+.jpg

California Special
07MustangGTCS_01_HR.jpg

eci

Banned
2-slow:

That is not a "C/S hood". I am well versed in 2007 Mustang GT options. You posted a pic of a C/S with the GT Appearance Package, an option group. If you order a C/S Package, you will not get that hood necessarily. You would have to order the GT Appearance Package in addition.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
DRK281 said:
That's a terminator with sn97 body! and live axle!

to clear a few things up from my post last night. its pretty obvious that ford does not want to dump more time and money into developing a proper gt350/shelby gt so i put together a car from parts that they have used in the last three years.

hence the 03/04 mustang svt drivetrain, s197 chasis and body, the gt appearence hood and no spoiler. in my opinion this car would look great and preform well, with little or no r and d time from ford.

i dont have photo shop so this is look i am going for.

eci said:
my mistake. the only c/s edition gt's that i have seen all have had that gt ap. hood. i was aware that one could get that hood on a non c/s edition gt.

PowerWheels said:
Not enough power, I'm used to 400+, not going back.
exactly! why by a new shelby gt for thousands over the normal gt if you can get the same horsepower with only intake and exhaust mods?

ford has plenty of used already designed parts to put 350 to the ground in a new mustang.

Zalec

Established Member
TXSVTLIGHTNING said:
It's called Shelby GT

got a link? release date? basic economics say price will be more then a regular GT and < GT500. probally $33k-36k and thats afordable!

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
for 33-36k it better have at least 400hp or else it will bomb
just drop the term 4.6 and t56 in it and call it a day

Users who are viewing this thread