Another SHELBY in the WORKS??? It's a Shelby GT

drmustang

Banned
chuckstang said:
for 33-36k it better have at least 400hp or else it will bomb
just drop the term 4.6 and t56 in it and call it a day

A mid 30s price tag better come with a major power increase over the current 300HP GT. There will not be many looking to spend 8 or 9K over a GT for stripes and token power increase.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
chuckstang said:
for 33-36k it better have at least 400hp or else it will bomb
just drop the term 4.6 and t56 in it and call it a day

does this sound familiar?

ON D BIT said:
if you want to reuse parts do it right.

shelby gt -

gt500 front, california edition hood, 4.6 4 valve with blower, 3.55 gears, gt500 suspension, 13 brakes, gt500 colors, t56, and no spoiler. for 36k msrp. this would be sweet.

i was then told thats the 03/04 mustang svt, and ford would not build that again. it has the old svt powertrain, but i believe with the new chasis this new shelby gt would be a much better car than the ones produced in 03/04.

eci

Banned
I doubt this will even be a new SKU. It will just be a $2500 package or something much like how they did the C/S. C/S is just an option not an entirely different SKU like the GT500.

chuckstang

Established Member
eci said:
I doubt this will even be a new SKU. It will just be a $2500 package or something much like how they did the C/S. C/S is just an option not an entirely different SKU like the GT500.

I say you are wrong and we do get an entire new sku as you put it
I hope it looks like the gt-h but has bigger balls

pvteye

Established Member
Ford Approves Shelby GT, MKS

Ford says it will sell a non-rental version of the Shelby GT-H Mustang and that it will also build the Lincoln MKS concept as a production vehicle. Automotive News reports that Ford execs have told dealers that the Shelby GT, as it will be called, will be nearly identical to the GT-H version that can be rented at Hertz outlets. The GT will be a 2007 model year vehicle and will be available in black or white with silver stripes and scoops like those on the GT-H.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
pvteye said:
Ford Approves Shelby GT, MKS

Ford says it will sell a non-rental version of the Shelby GT-H Mustang and that it will also build the Lincoln MKS concept as a production vehicle. Automotive News reports that Ford execs have told dealers that the Shelby GT, as it will be called, will be nearly identical to the GT-H version that can be rented at Hertz outlets. The GT will be a 2007 model year vehicle and will be available in black or white with silver stripes and scoops like those on the GT-H.

GAY!@!!!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
maybe ford will come out with the Shelby GT then the Shelby GT350 then the Boss 302? That would be sweet.

turbodawg97

Established Member
drmustang said:
A mid 30s price tag better come with a major power increase over the current 300HP GT. There will not be many looking to spend 8 or 9K over a GT for stripes and token power increase.
yet the buy saleens :xpl:

Amyb

*********, Shelby Autos
Established Member
Guys, I am new here, so forgive me if I misse something in the posts.

My name is Amy Boylan and I am the president of Shelby Autos. I would like to just give you some info on this car and clarify a few things. This is a great site, I have "lurked" for a while, thought it might be time to post.

First, this is not a Ford add on package, it will be built by Shelby Autos in Las Vegas, in partnership with Ford, just like the Hertz cars were, using FR performance parts and Shelby designed parts.

The Hoods on these cars are not the GT/CS hoods, The hood is designed by Shelby using the Cobra(not cobra mustang) hood scoop as a base design. It is wider, but the mold was made using an original hood scoop from an aluminum cobra and the scoop also has the rivets, like the Cobra as well.

These cars will have the almost the exact performance upgrade that the hertz cars had. We are finalizing the car right now. There will be the optional manual, that the Hertz didn't have.

I know that for some this might not be the Shelby your looking for, it is what's it's meant to be, an entry level Shelby that is not out of the reach of the Mustang/Shelby lover. These cars are built the same way Carroll and Ford did it 40 years ago, together. This is a terrific partnership with Ford and we have a lot of exciting things coming.

Also, One last bit of info, as with the Hertz cars, these will all be added to the registry as Shelby's built by Shelby Automobiles and Ford. This is a terrific relationship and there is some amazing stuff we are all discussing and working on.

Thanks for all the feedback, If it's ok with all of you, , I will add more info as I have it. Thanks again

Amy

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Amyb said:

My name is Amy Boylan and I am the president of Shelby Autos. I would like to just give you some info on this car and clarify a few things. This is a great site, I have "lurked" for a while, thought it might be time to post....

...Thanks for all the feedback, If it's ok with all of you, , I will add more info as I have it. Thanks again

Amy

welcome amy.:) thanks for the additional information on the new shelby gt. the new shelby hertz is nice looking mustang but does not distinguish itself enough from the mustang gt. i dont like the hood on the hertz at all.

i was hoping for a bit more from the shelby gt. maybe even a racing version of the mustang gt. why spend thousands more for the shelby gt mustang when one could get the same upgrades for $500?

as a potention customer for the shelby gt, these are the types of things i would like to see on the car that would differ from the normal mustang gt. a new cam and high flow heads, rear seat delete, racing front seats, wider wheels and tires, hurst short throw shifter, and the lowered stance of the hertz.

visually i like the look of the unique performance shelby gt350. are they affliliated in any way with shelby automotive? a basic comparison would by today mustang gt, with the gt appearence package and spoiler delete. the cobra hood sounds sweet, and would be different from what is on the hertz correct?

any word on pricing? i hope that shelby keeps the price in the low 30's. we would order these cars through any dealer correct? can we order straight through shelby automotive? i do look foward to seeing this project up close, and hope ford and shelby continue working together.:beer:

last question, any word on the 2004 shelby cobra concept?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
Amyb said:

My name is Amy Boylan and I am the president of Shelby Autos. I would like to just give you some info on this car and clarify a few things. This is a great site, I have "lurked" for a while, thought it might be time to post.

These cars will have the almost the exact performance upgrade that the hertz cars had. We are finalizing the car right now. There will be the optional manual, that the Hertz didn't have.

Thanks for all the feedback, If it's ok with all of you, , I will add more info as I have it. Thanks again

Amy
welcome! ive seen a lot of your posts on the shelby forum when ever i lurk there.

so the car can pass emissions with the FRPP add ons? i dont know a whole lot about what this or that has to do with emissions, but i thought production cars had extremely restrictive intakes to meet emissions. if this is correct then will you guys have to make up for it somewhere else in engine?

another question, will there be shelby GT specific FRPP parts? i would imagine FRPP would want to have upgrades for this car too, like the rest of the mustangs, and it already uses some of the upgrades offered for the mustang GT.

not sure about everyone else but i would be glad to see more info posted by you. by all means!

eci

Banned
You cannot get the Hertz upgrades "for $500". The FRPP suspension alone costs $1,000. The GT-H had a CAI, tune, suspension, front bumper cover, grille, hood, mufflers, X-pipe.... $500 my ass..

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Amy:

Welcome to the site. I'm elated that you decided to contribute insead of just lurking! :-D

We need and want more people who are "in the know" hanging in here with us! :thumbsup:

Now what can you tell me about any future GT500 "R" model plans?!! ;-) :poke:

Glad to have you with us!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Last edited:

chuckstang

Established Member
Will the hood be functional? Are the stripes painted?
And lastly...How come you guys did not help build the new gt500 just like the hertz car? This new shelby gt and hertz look like a real shelby and not just a cobra mustang with a shelby badge

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
eci said:
You cannot get the Hertz upgrades "for $500". The FRPP suspension alone costs $1,000. The GT-H had a CAI, tune, suspension, front bumper cover, grille, hood, mufflers, X-pipe.... $500 my ass..

what is the suspension components on the frpp package. when i said 500 i was adding up the addition cost for improving airflow and horsepower.

cold air intake = $200
mufflers = $200
h or x pipe = $200-$400

this is where i came up with my original $500 cost from, of course you could always add,

long tubes = $1000
tune = $500
gears = $500
springs = $200-$400

a brand new mustang gt at invoice or x-plan with all of the above will cost you 30-31k. and should put you into the mid 12's down the strip. this was my point.

i have since seen the photos of the shelby gt, and think it is looks great. better than the hertz. would i pay 3-5k more for the shelby gt over the mustang gt i built above? probably not. would i hold off and not purchase a thing until i get all the details on the gt350? yes i would.:D

Users who are viewing this thread