Another stocker bites the dust....

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
Yes my Whipple powered stock block is no more. Today I was with the FordFanStan entering a freeway via the on ramp messing around with a new WRX STi and from a 30 roll I hit it to about 60mph when it stumbled and started missing. I let off the accelerator instantly and knew there was an issue. We coasted to a stop blowing huge clouds of white smoke, (burning oil through the exhaust), and shut the truck off. We jumped out and looked all around. We could not see any "windows", but there was a pool of oil underneath. We never heard any real knocking or treacherous loud clang type sounds, only the silent miss and stumbling...

To let everyone know this was a remanned block from Ford with approx 30k miles on it. I had ALL the supporting mods for the Whipple, and the tune was very conservative. At that instant, the A/F was 10.8:1 and around 14#...

I would like to sincerely thank Dante and FordFanStan from DMP, they opened up the shop just so we could get the truck towed there, (on Memorial Day), and then gave us a ride back home. I will be going with a fully built DMP setup with the Whipple I already have. So be looking to hear some large numbers and low ET's in the future from yet another badass DMP truck... Junior

FordFanStan

Established Member
No problem Junior. You will be very pleased with your new setup we discussed today. Then you can crank up the boost and compete with me :rolleyes: :poke:

Sorry it happened but it will all be well worth it.

Stan

FordFanStan

Established Member
Chris, DMP retuned Juniors truck a little while back because of some vacuum leaks that were on the truck that got taken care of. His timing was set at a max of 12*, rich A/F, and not too insane on boost...

sikklightning04 said:
if i ever decide to touch my engine is going to Stan's shop only!

Andrew Im very flattered by your comment :D , although I am just an employee for Dante at DMP, he is the L god lol... Stan

Last edited:

JERK!

Banned
FordFanStan said:
Andrew Im very flattered by your comment :D , although I am just an employee for Dante at DMP, he is the L god lol... Stan

Stan, I didnt know you were working down there....good to know...maybe I can cash in sometime on the room favor I did for ya :D

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
It always sucks when I see a thread like this. I get to thinking when is mine going to let go? But at least you are in good spirit about it and not letting it get you down. I know you will be happy with the truck when you get it back from Dante.

00QckSlvrLight

As Fast As Lightning!
Established Member
Well its definately a total bummer... But what can I do right?!? Sh@t happens we your having fun...lol Now all I have to look for in the near future is a total monster built from DMP..... 500-600 here I come..... I'll try to get pics of the massacre.....
Junior

SVT_Gixxer1000

Crazy Canadian
Established Member
Look at it this way, at least it's not a crises were you don't have the cash to go built, sounds like you were banking on it to happen anytime and then you have the cash for it. Good luck on the build:thumbsup: :banana: :burnout:

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
Make sure to post some pics of what happened to the engine. That's sounds kind of weird that it blew when the A/F was okay like that...

bmfgsxr

Established Member
sounds like with 470whp the stock rods couldnt hack it even with a conservative safe tune.. sorry, and congrats at the same time man.

FordFanStan

Established Member
We were unable to diagnose the truck yesterday, (super busy right now), but yes it does sound weird Spence. He has an SCT 2400 that was nowhere near pegging as well. Like he said this is a Ford reman block with about 30k miles on it, so??? ... Stan

Users who are viewing this thread