Another Terminator Clone Build Thread

Roush6018

Established Member
Hey, don't worry about those 2 brackets. They don't remind me of any part on my mustang when i did my 03 cobra swap. They don't have ford part numbers either. The bolts don't look factory either. They belong in the trash can so you can focus on getting your car running again.

What i learned about the bodyshop is; they are focused on making your paint look good. so they're not good at ( remembering where your bracket ACTUALLY goes) (answer- the trash can) or (remembering to cover your carpet when they are wet sanding and get white water on my cars black carpet and don't clean it) (but the roof paint is looking good) So, yeah i paid to have my roof painted, and they messed up my carpet free of charge.

Good luck getting your Mustang running again!!!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thanks, they don’t look Important but I will hang on to them, 10 minutes after I pitch them I will find out where they go. They are not going to hold me up , lots to do, I suspect they go somewhere near the front grill area. The car was stripped to bare metal with no glass and no interior so no worries about dirty carpets.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Haven’t done much (anything) on the car since we got home, I have been picking away at the Honey Do list slowly. But I did order these and they arrived today, I have Kooks cats that aren’t actually hooked into the deleted EGR system where is the best place for the O2 sensors, pre or post cats? I will be running MS3PROPNP if that makes a difference

Attachments

• IMG_6282.jpeg
    IMG_6282.jpeg
    392.8 KB · Views: 19

03' White Snake

Established Member
Before. Want them as close to 18” from the head and preferably not in just 1 cylinder pipe, so after the collector.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I am considering putting in an aftermarket rad. I still have the original in good condition but I wouldn’t mind putting it away for a rainy day, these are hard to find now. I want to change up to an20 hose ends and not much interested in changing over on the original. Anyone have a particular brand that is better than the others? How is the fit on after market radiators? Any info positive of negative would be appreciated.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I have the widebands installed in the stock bungs. No need for the narrow bands so it saves from having to get new bungs welded.

I think unless you go with something like a Fluidyne they're all rebadged from the same place. I picked up a Champion aluminum radiator from ebay and it pretty much slid into place. I think I had bend the A/C line a bit. I ended up not running it, but I know the car it ended up in and it's working really well. Even in the summer.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have the widebands installed in the stock bungs. No need for the narrow bands so it saves from having to get new bungs welded.

I think unless you go with something like a Fluidyne they're all rebadged from the same place. I picked up a Champion aluminum radiator from ebay and it pretty much slid into place. I think I had bend the A/C line a bit. I ended up not running it, but I know the car it ended up in and it's working really well. Even in the summer.
Been doing a little looking and not finding much, I want AN20 inlet and outlets and unless I go custom made at about 3times the price not much out there. Fluidyne wants 1250 to build one for me. Too much for a rad. I will buy something, probably Fluidydyne because it is 3 row core, I know they are more money than anyone else. I will get my local guy to weld AN 20 ends on it. Gotta be cheaper than 1250!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
This is fairly old, Is this still a valid way to wire a trunk mounted battery for strictly for street use or has someone come up with something new and better?

Attachments

• IMG_4805.jpeg
    IMG_4805.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 11

01yellercobra

Established Member
You're not going to find an off the shelf radiator with AN fittings. You'll either need one built or a current one modified. Though I think I've seen adapters that go over the stock inlet/outlet and convert it to AN.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I have seen the adaptors, that was the original plan, I’ll talk to my local Fabricator and see what he has to say.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I have seen the adaptors, that was the original plan, I’ll talk to my local Fabricator and see what he has to say.
I had AN fittings welded to the crossover and thermostat housing. I run an adapter on the radiator. I also run a SVE radiator. Had to slightly bend the a/c lines but nothing crazy. Fit and works good.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I had AN fittings welded to the crossover and thermostat housing. I run an adapter on the radiator. I also run a SVE radiator. Had to slightly bend the a/c lines but nothing crazy. Fit and works good.
I have the cobra engineering cross over delete with AN 20 fittings, was hoping to find a rad with them, could have sworn I had seen some one line but can’t find them now of course. Been considering the Fluidyne rad because it is a 3 row core, hopefully it’s a good fit, thinking about changing my a/c lines to braided stainless too so moving them shouldn’t be an issue

Users who are viewing this thread