Another Terminator Clone Build Thread

Bullitt1448

Established Member
well after much thinking about how to go about it, I finally decided to just do it and got the Whipple on today. It went easier than I anticipated. Looks like it belongs there to me.

Attachments

• IMG_5743.jpeg
    IMG_5743.jpeg
    388.4 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5741.jpeg
    IMG_5741.jpeg
    409.7 KB · Views: 86

Bullitt1448

Established Member
This project is great! It reminds me of the Teal Terminator that was famous on here years ago. Keep up the good work and good luck with your health.
Thanks for the well wishes! The Teal Terminator from here was what swayed my build from just doing a 4V/T56 swap to making this a better quality build. Once I saw the teal terminator, I knew I had to have that colour. I do like things that are unique, this colour fit the bill perfectly on this car.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Thanks for the well wishes! The Teal Terminator from here was what swayed my build from just doing a 4V/T56 swap to making this a better quality build. Once I saw the teal terminator, I knew I had to have that colour. I do like things that are unique, this colour fit the bill perfectly on this car
Double Post

Bullitt1448

Established Member
After today I fully understand all of the comments about the TVS blower’s removable inlet elbow, the Whipple is just a PITA. I got such a smokin’ deal on this virtually brand new polished Whipple that I couldn’t turn it down. A few times today I regretted that decision…

Bullitt1448

Established Member
It’s been awhile since I have done basically anything with the car. Unfortunately life gets in the way, with Christmas and prepping for our up coming trip down under, garage time has been pretty limited . I have picked up a cobra trunk brake light harness from fleabay. I am going to have retape it. The license plate light holders don’t look great either so I will order some new ones from LMR when we get back from the trip. The harness looks pretty crappy now but all the wiring has continuity so I assume it will work, just needs some TLC. I also picked up some bits from the powder coater yesterday. Now I can get to work on brake lines. I have a set of stainless brake lines from Classic Tube. From what I have mocked up, they generally fit the car but are going to need some tweaking to fit properly. I am waiting to get a tool to make the bubble flares. I will try and get the best tool I can track down. Those are a little spendy but from what I have read so far, the cheapie ones don’t work well on stainless tubing.

Attachments

• IMG_5785.jpeg
    IMG_5785.jpeg
    462 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_5787.jpeg
    IMG_5787.jpeg
    687.7 KB · Views: 45

Bullitt1448

Established Member
This arrived just before Christmas. I found out that I am going to have to drop the oil pan and weld a bung into it. Wasn’t expecting to have to do that but stuff happens. That will give me the opportunity to get the oil pan powder coated so a bit if a silver lining in that respect. I bought the one with a 13/16 filter thread which is the standard thread for a sbc. My thinking is there will always be a filter available from almost any parts store for a 350 considering it’s likely the most common engine produced in North America.

Attachments

• IMG_5788.jpeg
    IMG_5788.jpeg
    561.7 KB · Views: 41

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thanks, it’s fun to see it come together,
It's been a little while since I checked in. This thing is looking amazing. Love the clean engine bay and polished Whipple. Going to be a head turner for sure.

I understand that statement all to well. Things happen that causes problems, but when you see the fruits of your labor it is VERY satisfying indeed.

Great project brother!!!

Bullitt1448

Established Member
It's been a little while since I checked in. This thing is looking amazing. Love the clean engine bay and polished Whipple. Going to be a head turner for sure.

I understand that statement all to well. Things happen that causes problems, but when you see the fruits of your labor it is VERY satisfying indeed.

Great project brother!!!
Thanks. Coming from you those are kind words indeed. My build is no where near the caliber of yours but I am pretty happy with the build so far, it's just moving slower than I had hoped. I guess I have no one to blame but myself for that though. I did expect that I would run across some issues. When you modify a 20+ year old car not everthing is going to fit quite like it is supposed to. Like they say, there is no such thing as a problem, just opportunities for solutions.

C2tuck

Established Member
It’s been awhile since I have done basically anything with the car. Unfortunately life gets in the way, with Christmas and prepping for our up coming trip down under, garage time has been pretty limited . I have picked up a cobra trunk brake light harness from fleabay. I am going to have retape it. The license plate light holders don’t look great either so I will order some new ones from LMR when we get back from the trip. The harness looks pretty crappy now but all the wiring has continuity so I assume it will work, just needs some TLC. I also picked up some bits from the powder coater yesterday. Now I can get to work on brake lines. I have a set of stainless brake lines from Classic Tube. From what I have mocked up, they generally fit the car but are going to need some tweaking to fit properly. I am waiting to get a tool to make the bubble flares. I will try and get the best tool I can track down. Those are a little spendy but from what I have read so far, the cheapie ones don’t work well on stainless tubing.

I bought one of those high dollar brake line flare kits for my c10 build. After messing with it, I decided some things are better left to the professionals…

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I bought one of those high dollar brake line flare kits for my c10 build. After messing with it, I decided some things are better left to the professionals…
Pretty sure I can handle it, been a licensed heavy duty and Auomotive tech over 35 years. The bubble flare is new to me but thinking it can't be much harder than double flares with some decent tooling

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Pretty sure I can handle it, been a licensed heavy duty and Auomotive tech over 35 years. The bubble flare is new to me but thinking it can't be much harder than double flares with some decent tooling

When I did the brake lines on my 65 I made them all using a roll of stainless brake line that was 3/16. I ended up going with the 37 degree AN fittings. I didn't want to bother making double or bubble flares.

The single 37 degree AN fittings work great and are so much easier to make.

I bought this flaring tool off Amazon. It wasn't cheap. Around $190, but it was VERY easy to use and worked great.
20240104_205013.jpg

This is how the AN fittings are set up. You slide the nut and crush sleeve on the brake line and then you make your single 37 degree flare. Slide everything on to your fitting and tighten down. No issues. Just something to consider with your project.
20240104_204936.jpg

Bullitt1448

Established Member
When I did the brake lines on my 65 I made them all using a roll of stainless brake line that was 3/16. I ended up going with the 37 degree AN fittings. I didn't want to bother making double or bubble flares.

The single 37 degree AN fittings work great and are so much easier to make.

I bought this flaring tool off Amazon. It wasn't cheap. Around $190, but it was VERY easy to use and worked great.
View attachment 1823761

This is how the AN fittings are set up. You slide the nut and crush sleeve on the brake line and then you make your single 37 degree flare. Slide everything on to your fitting and tighten down. No issues. Just something to consider with your project.
View attachment 1823760
Those are pretty cool, where did you find the fittings? I don’t recall seeing these before

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Those are pretty cool, where did you find the fittings? I don’t recall seeing these before

I purchased everything through Speedway Motors. They have fittings to adapt your brake hoses to the AN fittings and they have bulk head fittings to go through metal and adapters for proportioning valves and so on. They even have different color AN hardware if you wanted to go that route. I just used silver on mine.

Here you can see on my proportioning valve I have adapters screwed into the valve and then the AN fittings screwed into the adapters. Works great. No leaks and very clean.
20210519_170206_resized.jpg

Bullitt1448

Established Member
I amliking that Idea, I have a bubble tool on the way. If that doesn’t do the trick I will give these a shot. Like always you stuff looks great. Probably won’t get a chance to get going on this part if the project for a bit though, we are away Jan 23-March 27. I might get a chance to try before we go but I won’t trust the first couple I make until I get the hang of it.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I amliking that Idea, I have a bubble tool on the way. If that doesn’t do the trick I will give these a shot. Like always you stuff looks great. Probably won’t get a chance to get going on this part if the project for a bit though, we are away Jan 23-March 27. I might get a chance to try before we go but I won’t trust the first couple I make until I get the hang of it.

Okay sounds good. Sorry brother didn't realize you already had ordered the bubble flaring tool. Not trying to cause more headaches, just sharing some other options out there.

My fabrication guy showed me these AN fittings. I hadn't started on my brakes at the time. So, his information was right on time, unlike my information to you being a day late and a dollar short LOL.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Okay sounds good. Sorry brother didn't realize you already had ordered the bubble flaring tool. Not trying to cause more headaches, just sharing some other options out there.

My fabrication guy showed me these AN fittings. I hadn't started on my brakes at the time. So, his information was right on time, unlike my information to you being a day late and a dollar short LOL.
Options are always a good things, nice to see some new things that I haven’t seen before. If I can’t get the bubble flare working to my satisfaction, these AN fittings will be my next shot, mist of the car will be plumbed in AN stuff so these would work in nicely. Thanks for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread