Another tire thread....

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Just an update, I finally was able to test these tires out on a warmer sunny day. Thank you Texas for being able to go from rainy and 34 degrees to sunny and 70 in just a few days! Leaving easy and then mashing it about halfway through 1st and can actually hook quite well. (it's on the edge of losing traction at the top of first though) as soon as I install my O/R X and AED tune I'm sure 1st will be useless again. I get a hard scratch going to second and traction is 100% from then on!! My car is a roush AB only. M6 and 3.73's so those with 3.31's and 3.55's should get even better traction
Definitely good to hear. These should work perfect for me then.. Thanks man!

SirJAG

Established Member
going with 275/40 myself on stock CS rims...does anyone else have some pictures or experience with this?

JAG

badblackhemi

Established Member
Bringing back from the dead just in case anyone is thinking about getting tires for their stock wheels. After getting more seat time, and with the right throttle control, I can utilize all of first gear and up. It's not a dead hook but still pulls hard. I actually have to get pretty aggressive with the launch to just blow them off in first. It does help that it's in the 80's-90's now though I'm sure. To give you an idea, raced a few mildly modded 4x4 diesel's in town from a dig (intake/exhaust/tune) From the time the light went green or the third honk went off they were never ahead of me. The races themselves weren't worth bragging about, but out launching 4wd is IMO. These tires also do amazing in the rain. I don't have any experience with any other tires on this car other than stock but I highly recommend these for any true DD out there.

Users who are viewing this thread