Another TVS Build thread

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Some more pics of the build.

Cooling Mod Connection
IMG_3292_zps250352f8.jpg

Really like how you fabbed it up, nice progress keep the pictures coming.

wastntime

Established Member
I wish i could fab work like that!

All this work is being done by TRBO VNM. Let me tell you that my car is in great hands!

TRBO VNM

On the cooling mod, I weld the fitting to the pipe and then have a friend powder coat it all. Really came out great. The only thing I hate about this cooling mod is where it goes into the head. The factory harness is there and cooling lines. Adding the head adapter and hose back there really squeezes everything.

Jim,

Didn't have any belts that would work. I think we need a 785 belt for the 3.2 upper. Going to check stock at a couple of places tomorrow or see if they have something close to at least test fit.

Gauges are mounted in pod. Just need to run the wiring and start making connections. I am waiting on some covering for the fuel lines.

Gotta get half shaft boot swapped tomorrow night. It is already removed from car.

Last edited:

TRBO VNM

Half shaft boot replaced, TPS voltage checked, base pressure set and base tune loaded...she runs. :beer:

04OrangePeel

03Zinc
Established Member
This is big time encouragement for me..... Installing my new tvs this weekend and all supporting mods. I will take pics and post them up.

TRBO VNM

This is big time encouragement for me..... Installing my new tvs this weekend and all supporting mods. I will take pics and post them up.

The biggest issue is the lower front bolt on the plenum. I ended up putting everything together but left the lower intake bolts to the heads out. Then lifted the passenger side up and was able to gain access to the bolt that way. If you think you can put it all together out of the car and then put it in the car that would work well. But I am tired of hurting my back so I set the lower in the car and then the blower with intercooler. bolt the blower to lower intake, setup the injectors and rails and then do the plenum and like I said, lift on passenger side to gain access to the bolt. then do the lower intake bolts to heads.

wastntime

Established Member
Some More Pics:

Jason rerouted some of the fuel lines and started to wrap them

IMG_3893_zps7e30711b.png

IMG_0023_zps536dfcd5.png

Got the front tag bracket:

IMG_6768_zps94f2a2bf.jpg

I'm Going to Ocean City this coming weekend so the car is going will be running a base tune with very low timing.

When I get back from OC the car is going to get dyno tuned and will be back to TRBO VNM for the new clutch.

TRBO VNM

Yeah, I wasn't really happy with running the feed line by the fan and across the power steering line. It was a nice straight shot, but just didn't look right. I thought going under the blower snout would not work out that well and risk of hitting the inner belt/idler, but after testing it out it really cleaned it up nice and then used som fragola line covering to blend the lines into the rest of the black under the hood. I need to get some more wrap to do the last one, but that should be it.

I need to send the pillar back to have it sprayed again. Not sure if it came like that or if something happened, but Alan will set it up right and be quick about it.

Finish the gauge install tomorrow and take it for a drive to see who it feels. All through the rev log we are seeing 13+ volts which is nice. I put a 2# lower on but left the alt pulley stock.

wastntime

Established Member
Came home to these big boys on my front porch:

IMG_6661_zps48e78af6.jpg

These are my new 315/35/17 sitting next to my old 295/45/17

IMG_6046_zpsc6256ffc.jpg

I dont typical get excited about stuff like this but I ordered these off of Amazon because I have a 150 dollar gift card from one of our wedding presents. I ordered these Thursday night and they show up today. Best part is the two day shipping was free! Oh and they were only $225 a tire.

wastntime

Established Member
Picked up the car tonight from TRBO VNM and drove the 65 miles back home. It runs really good. I didn't get into it too much but what I can tell you is this thing is a monster down low. Torque is on tap with this blower.

New rear tires go on tomorrow along with four wheel alignment and then off to Ocean City for the weekend. Should be fun.

Btw. TRBO VNM is the man!! He really put alot of extra work in this build and did a great job. Can't say enough good things. Both the wife and I are really happy with the build!

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
Picked up the car tonight from TRBO VNM and drove the 65 miles back home. It runs really good. I didn't get into it too much but what I can tell you is this thing is a monster down low. Torque is on tap with this blower.

New rear tires go on tomorrow along with four wheel alignment and then off to Ocean City for the weekend. Should be fun.

Btw. TRBO VNM is the man!! He really put alot of extra work in this build and did a great job. Can't say enough good things. Both the wife and I are really happy with the build!

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

TRBO VNM

Remember Jim, no WOT hits. A/f has not been dialed in yet. Tuner said timing is very low for that reason and because you wanted to drive it to OC. The weekend is called cruisers weekend, not racers weekend. :D Drive it and enjoy it. Get the miles on it and see how drivability is and let me know so I can report back to the tuner. Drop it back off after and we will get it dyno'ed and then put the RXT in.

MrGlock81

Established Member
congratulations Jim and Jason on a job well done. Jim I will be in OC this weekend also, hit me up. If you don't still have my number i can pm it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread