Another Wheel Spacer Question - Edumacate Me

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Sorry to beat this to death, but after searching on here and Google, not really finding the answer I am looking for. Hoping someone can shed some light on this for me.

Looking to purchase a set of 17x10.5 AFS reps and will be going with a 315 on the rear. I have done my homework on this and I know that some 315s are significantly wider than others. As I haven't decided on which tire to run yet, I was just going to play it safe and pick up spacers and the MM low profile IRS bolts.

My hope was the low profile IRS bolts and a 1/4 spacer would be enough to clear the new setup. I am looking at 1/4 spacers as I really don't want to have to press in new studs. That said, it has become pretty obvious that there is no such thing as a 1/4 hub-centric spacer. I don't know if this is down to it not being necessary on a 1/4 spacer or if it is a materials problem. Either way, I am not comfortable running something that isn't hub-centric unless, again, it really isn't needed on the 1/4 spacers.

I don't mind spending the money on a larger H&R spacer if that is the way to go, but I really don't want the wheel/tire sitting past the edge of the fender, looking to keep it as near to flush as possible.

So someone with experience educate me here. Can I safely run a 1/4 spacer that is non hub-centric, or do I buy a 3/8s or 1/2 H&R with the longer studs built in. Obviously the looks are important to me, but making sure the setup is safe will trump that. This car doesn't see track use or even frequent aggressive driving, but I want to be able to sleep at night knowing my wheels aren't going to suddenly do their own thing at 70mph.

Sorry for being long winded, appreciate any help or insight. :coolman:

RI-SVT

TVS Powered
Established Member
I run the 10.5's no low profile IRS bolt, and I run a Baer 1/4 spacer, clears the IRS frame no issues, no vibrations at all, I have six treads at the lugs, car is a cruiser.

20140919_170755.jpg

Last edited:

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
Thanks all for the feedback. To the guys running the 1/4 spacers. Are they hub-centric or no? Everything I can find in 1/4 looks like this

GetImage.ashx

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
Thanks all for the feedback. To the guys running the 1/4 spacers. Are they hub-centric or no? Everything I can find in 1/4 looks like this

Mine are not hub-centric (don't believe you can get 1/4 hub-centric) . Have 15xx miles since I put them on. No problems thus far

KLLR SNK

Established Member
My 1/4" spacers are not hub-centric but my 1/2" spacers are. I have the Steeda ARP studs so I have ample lug nut engagement with either spacer set I choose to run.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
My 1/4" spacers are not hub-centric but my 1/2" spacers are. I have the Steeda ARP studs so I have ample lug nut engagement with either spacer set I choose to run.

Any chance you have a rear shot with both the 1/4 and 1/2 spacers? Car is at stock ride height for now, so not worried about rubbing. Curious how close to flush the wheels sit with the 1/4 vs the 1/2

KLLR SNK

Established Member
No, I'm sorry I don't have any pics for you. I will say the reason I don't like to run too thick of a spacer is I don't like the tire setting too far out toward the fender. The farther out the tire sits they throw more road crap up behind the wheels onto the quarters.

SC Heaven

Red Whine
Established Member
No worries, I appreciate the reply. Not to worried about the junk slinging onto the quarters, car doesn't see a lot of miles year to year, so keeping it clean is fairly easy.

Thanks again :coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread