another Z06

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Would have to agree about the hood, it kinda kills the car for me. However, a c5z on skinnies with 15" wheels in the back and a 50/60 series sidewall with say a 3" +/- Cowl hood, then my friend you'd have one sweet ass ride!

mystickb1996

Established Member
Looks great was really considering a c5 z06 before I got my 14 5.0... How does the car run? And so far do you like the ls6? Respond good to mods?

96lazervert

Established Member
Looks great was really considering a c5 z06 before I got my 14 5.0... How does the car run? And so far do you like the ls6? Respond good to mods?

I own an 01' Z06 and I think it responds well to mods. For now, my car is cam only with exhaust and it put down 440/398. Granted that's with a big cam that did sacrifice some down low, but still rolls well. 480 rwhp can be had fairly easily with h/c/I.

DSS

Established Member
again thanks for the good compliments, its greatly appreciated

as for comments about the hood, some people love em some people hate em, its 50/50, at one point I had mix feelings about it now I like it, so its going to stay, plus it serves its purpose its weight (less than 10lb) full carbon fiber and i can take off hood completely when working on the car :beer:

Would have to agree about the hood, it kinda kills the car for me. However, a c5z on skinnies with 15" wheels in the back and a 50/60 series sidewall with say a 3" +/- Cowl hood, then my friend you'd have one sweet ass ride!
I see you have a good tastse for "drag car inspired " look, the tire set up you described will not be the ideal for the competition I am into, my C5Z is set up for highway pulls :rolling:.. drag racing no longer interest me and I have a different car for that

I am more into aggressive street car performance look, the 345/35/18 M/T ET-Street II plenty enough ( badass tires)

thanks, car runs real well, LS6 is good engine

I own an 01' Z06 and I think it responds well to mods. For now, my car is cam only with exhaust and it put down 440/398. Granted that's with a big cam that did sacrifice some down low, but still rolls well. 480 rwhp can be had fairly easily with h/c/I.

LS(x) based engine respond to mod well in general, just spray it to make up " down low " haha

Last edited:

RSbeast

Established Member
Love the setup. I have 19/19s on my c5 and although it has it's own 'wow' factor; I want to go back to more tire.

Car looks amazing including the hood.

gamebred26

Established Member
hood reminds me of my ac vents in the house...ace that thing its hideous.

96lazervert

Established Member
LS(x) based engine respond to mod well in general, just spray it to make up " down low " haha[/QUOTE]

I agree. It's getting a 6.0 ls2 this week. Got a deal I couldn't refuse. Cam now Is going in the ls2, as well as, tfs 220's, fast 92, ls2 tb, and monster stage 2. Should wake it up a bit I hope. Also milling heads to 62cc. Should be 11:3:1.

Users who are viewing this thread