Anti Freeze Leak

Lightning28307

Established Member
ALRIGHT GUYS,

A LITTLE HELP IS NEEDED! I AM LEAKING ANTIFREEZE(FROM RADIATOR) where the large black hose connects to the Aluminum piece on the block. Why, and What can I do to fix it??

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
:??: Is it leaking from the hose, the hose fitting, the radiator or the engine block???

If it is leaking from the...

Hose - get new hose and clamp.

Hose fitting - if it's p!ssing up from under the hose, tighten the clamp (I'd probably get a new hose though anyway). If the actual fitting is cracked and leaks, there are metal patch kits you can buy. Welding aluminum is tricky as hell. Otherwise...new radiator time.

Radiator - It'd be new radiator time for me, or a metal patch kit if it can be accessed easy.

Engine block - Not good :cuss:

Lightning28307

Established Member
It is leaking from where the thermostat housing connects to th block is tere some sort of rubber ring that would seal that better I am 90% sure that that is where it is

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Lightning28307 said:
It is leaking from where the thermostat housing connects to th block is tere some sort of rubber ring that would seal that better I am 90% sure that that is where it is

There is an O ring inside the thermostat housing on top of the thermostat.
That O ring might be bad.

Lightning28307

Established Member
Thankx LL YOU ARE MY HERO!! LOL

I think that you are right though do to the fact that it only leaks some time may just be worn

Users who are viewing this thread