Any Blow through MAF kit for the Hellion?

Greg@RET

Established Member
A blow thru will get rid of the stall 100%, like stated get a slot style sensor. I have personally see a HPX meter make 870 counts with 940rwhp through a TT set up with a auto. I have a BA5000 on my race car and with no MAFIA and a 3.5" piping pegged at 1058rwhp. No need for MAFIA's when you have great sensors that are avail now.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
justin,

what about the gt500 sensor in a 3.5" tube? I understand why not in a 3" tube, but I have used them in 3.5" tubes without issue. Jon Lund has been doing the tuning.

Range is the issue, I did a 700-800rwhp TT 5.4 4v navi head truck and had to run the mafia on setting 3 to get enough range.

FYI the HPX and BA5000 have similar or exactly the same maf curves in them.

primo

Established Member
Justin, If you made a complete bolt on kit, i'd buy it and I can assure you others would too.

SLOWNED

Established Member
I have a brand new ba-5000 that im selling. I was going to use it on my blow through set up, but my plans changed. Pm me if you want it.

TRBO VNM

Range is the issue, I did a 700-800rwhp TT 5.4 4v navi head truck and had to run the mafia on setting 3 to get enough range.

FYI the HPX and BA5000 have similar or exactly the same maf curves in them.

ok, I figured something like that. I will talk to him and see what setting the MAFia was on.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Justin, If you made a complete bolt on kit, i'd buy it and I can assure you others would too.

If i could get 10 kits pre-sold i could manufacture something like that. I would probably have it made out of all silicone. How many hellion kits are out there that could benefit from conversion?

primo

Established Member
If i could get 10 kits pre-sold i could manufacture something like that. I would probably have it made out of all silicone. How many hellion kits are out there that could benefit from conversion?

I'll get it done! Give me a few days. I just need a ball park price :beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

TRBO VNM

Lots! I think all of them should be blow thru.

I am sure any could benefit from it. But all of them don't need it. both my cars never had stalling issues or tuning issues. Would I have spent the money on a conversion kit? Only if I was making other changes at the same time. there was no need for it. Some people just can't get rid of the stalling. whether it is a tune thing or car thing.

putting a blow thru kit together for the hellion kit isn't hard. I have posted up a couple of time what is needed. very simple to do and surprised more have not just done it themselves. there will be some welding required.

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I'll get it done! Give me a few days. I just need a ball park price :beer:

Probably 400-600 with an hpx maf, one of my 75mm housings, and silicone coming out of the fender, into the maf, and to the TB. Could someone loan me a section of tubing to have the silicone made from?

TRBO VNM

remember a flange for the BOV relocation and capping the original location of the BOV. Also, possibly a new filter off the turbo or cap the other side of the BOV location on the 4-inch tube

Justin@VMP

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
remember a flange for the BOV relocation and capping the original location of the BOV. Also, possibly a new filter off the turbo or cap the other side of the BOV location on the 4-inch tube

Should be pretty easy to add a takeoff for a bpv/bov to the lower silicone section. I just need some volunteers to provide a sample section, pictures from all angles, and to test fit the piece when its ready.

Users who are viewing this thread