Any change in clutch feel after 5 mile PCM retune?

Lawrenzo

Established Member
I test drove a new 2013 yesterday and the supercharger had yet to engage at full boost so it was basically a worthless trip. However, I did notice that the clutch felt kinda light and engaged really high up. Will this change at all once the full boost becomes available after the 5 mile/50 cold starts PCM retune?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
The boost engaging has nothing to do with the clutch feel. The clutch feel itself will wear in as the miles go and you would also just get used to it

2k7gtcs

Established Member
I gotta say I felt like the clutch was too strong for the car before the 5 continuous miles kicked in. I definitely noticed a difference. The car felt like a dog and the clutch was awkward. Now she feels like everything is just right.

I really was concerned I was doing something wrong and I'm used to driving these cars. I really felt just like the OP did.

TheOne2HotScott

Established Member
Nope that's how the clutch feels and will feel. After getting out of the '04 Cobra and into the '13 is night and day. The '04 is like doing leg presses and I can drop the clutch anywhere I want. The '13 is very light, drop at the top, and you will get use to it. Anytime I switch cars I gotta relearn the '13...only takes a couple of seconds now, but back in the beginning when I'd forget to not drive it like the '04 was a pain in the butt...I don't even think about it now, just drive them both in their different styles.

Marc

Established Member
Clutch will not change. I was used to it from the git go. My 04 cobra had a McCleod twin disk RXT and released at the top. I didn't like it at first, but got used to it. So when I got into a new shelby, it was no problem for me to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread