Any Cobra lowering springs actually work??

spankez

Established Member
Originally posted by blnpny
rides like factory and yes one coil off each.i just thought i would try this first before spending money on a set,if i didn't like all i'll loose in time,but i'm really pleased.i also have spacers on rear.
how do you get the rear ones out...what do you have to loosen to get them out? did the front allready

THE FLASH

"Mr. Sulu, Warp factor 3"
Established Member
Originally posted by SWEET94COBRA
Hey "The Flash", you got a pic. I always like to keep the ass end up a little more. I would sure like to see how your kit looks.

I do, but I don't know how to attach a picture here on svt performance.

The Orphaner

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by FKing1
Suggestion to heat the springs is not a good one. Heating will anneal the metalurgical properties and reduce the spring rate. Also, it will be nigh impossible to control the amount of drop by heating 2 or 4 springs. Should always get alignment after lowering.
Fred K.

Yeah, what FKing1 said. Dont use a Torch to cut or heat your springs it may result in a bouncey ride when hitting even the slightest bumps.:coolman: Did it once on my 95 Cobra.

vipergts281

Established Member
For people with lowered Cobra's......

How many inches is it from the bottom of your front bumper to the ground. I would like my car to be lowered, but I scrape sometimes as it is already.

Thanks.

FKing1

Established Member
My front is lowered 1" with Steeda Sports and is a bit more than 5-1/2 from the chin spoiler center to ground. Has never scraped yet. To remove rear springs, do a search. There have been several good threads on how to do this.
Fred K.

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
I went with steeda springs. Front is perfect, good clearance, no rubbing, nice and low still. The rear I was less happy with and I am going to try H&R rears to get the back end down more. (steedas rear cobra springs improved handling but didnt lower the car)

WDW MKR

Established Member
Originally posted by venomous99
i beg to differ. cobras were produced in larger #s than a GN and the supra is a discontinued car in the US. cobras will be around for as long as there is a mustang and im sure the future cobras will be more powerful and an all around better car making previous cobras to be desired less.

They produced over 20,000 Grand Nationals in 1987, alone. Some of the most sought after Supras are the 93.5 hardtop cars, not the '98 models. It's all relative. The GNs and Supras haven't become cult classics because of their numbers... it's because of what they've done for the automotive hobby. I agree that the 03/04 Cobras are the new Grand National. This is the only car the I have owned that has been able to "replace" my 11sec GN.

And I love my H&R SS springs!! :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread