Any dealers selling GT's for reasonable prices???

lthlvpr

Established Member
OK...It's looks like the prices are coming down, but not quick enough. I have been to FordGTprices.com, but I am not sure how accurate the data is.

Ebay looks like there are a bunch of dealers trying to make some extra cash, but have no bids on the cars...

Does anyone know of a dealer that is looking to get a reasonable price. I just can't stomach the markup at this point, and this is coming from someone who purchased a Carrera GT and 2 Lambos in the last 12 months... I just don't want to be a fool who 'takes it in the shorts' when I decide to sell it.

Any suggestions?
Thx.

Florida Chris

Established Member
lthlvpr said:
OK...It's looks like the prices are coming down, but not quick enough. I have been to FordGTprices.com, but I am not sure how accurate the data is.

Ebay looks like there are a bunch of dealers trying to make some extra cash, but have no bids on the cars...

Does anyone know of a dealer that is looking to get a reasonable price. I just can't stomach the markup at this point, and this is coming from someone who purchased a Carrera GT and 2 Lambos in the last 12 months... I just don't want to be a fool who 'takes it in the shorts' when I decide to sell it.

Any suggestions?
Thx.

Patience is the only solution to today’s prices. (Patience by the way is not one of my virtues). If you are anxious to play now unfortunately you gotta pay now. I still think your Lambos will hurt you more on the flip than the GT even at today’s prices. Hell, if you are driving a Carrera GT and a couple of Lamborghinis, today’s dealer markup on the GT is a rounding error. Write the check!

lthlvpr

Established Member
Just because I can afford the cars, it is against my better judgement to look silly and pay tens of thousands over sticker. Then when I try to sell the car later, I would lose probably close to $100k (heck I can buy a pretty nice car for that loss alone).

BTW- I got great deals on the Lamborghini and the Carrera GT. I figure I can drive both for a bit, and, worse case scenario, get out of them for no loss.

However, I feel sorry for people who paid $225k for a GT that may only be worth $140k in 6-8months. That's quite a hit indeed.

What's worse is that I bet a ton of Ford dealers get a bad name/reputation for doing this. I know if I paid $225k for the car ($75k over sticker), and I went to sell it back to the dealer 6 months later and I lost $100k it would be the last time I buy from that dealer. Greed and short term gain have clouded many dealers sense of better judgement, and they don't realize the long term effects...

Last edited:

NFS

Established Member
I would think that most, not all, most GT buyers would plan on the GT as a long term investment/toy. (After all 2005/2006 that’s all folks)

The lambos unless you got a great buy on them; you might take somewhat of a hit.
The Carrera GT onthe other hand would probably hold its own. (I’m hoping)

Just my opinion.

And in the end, there just cars anyway.

Vic

Established Member
Those who paid a premium are either movie stars, sports figures, trust fund babies, or self-made business owners, and in any case, they probably don't feel any pain of paying over sticker. For them, its just a lark, to get the first one in their affluent club.

Working stiffs like me have to "stretch" to get one! I'm almost gleeful, watching prices tank!

satx

Banned
I was by my local ford store today and they know about the fordgtprices web site! Funny thing is, all of the sudden they have become WAY more resonable in thier asking price!

Vic

Established Member
satx said:
I was by my local ford store today and they know about the fordgtprices web site! Funny thing is, all of the sudden they have become WAY more resonable in thier asking price!

The internet has changed things, now information travels faster, and dummies like me get edgamakated. Because of the internet, an infamous tuner in the Viper community was exposed, and is now mending his ways. Public information, shared by his victims on the VCA site about his actions forced him to change his business practices. Another example of the positive effect of the internet on our lives.....that is, when we aren't looking at bewbs.

I can't imagine who the dealers think they are going to snag, at this point in time, that would be willing to pay $250,000. Some dealers on eBay are still asking for prices like that. They must be waiting for a sucker to throw the "net" over as he walks by.

Last edited:

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
lthlvpr said:

Which data do you think is not accurate?

-- Ford's officially released monthly sales reports?

-- Automotive News production numbers? (Which are confirmed by the VINs currently shipping)

-- Ebay completed auction selling prices?

Last edited:

Ford GT Fan

Established Member
lthlvpr said:
BTW- I got great deals on the Lamborghini and the Carrera GT. I figure I can drive both for a bit, and, worse case scenario, get out of them for no loss.

However, I feel sorry for people who paid $225k for a GT that may only be worth $140k in 6-8months. That's quite a hit indeed.

Porsche has just cut the Carrera GT production from 1500 to 1250 (they have some ridiculous excuse for this, but it's actually based on a worldwide lack of customers for 1500 $450,000 cars), and they may cut it further, which will certainly help your chances on the Porsche.

The people who paid $225K or more for a $150K Ford (knowing 3000 to 4500 will be produced) did it to themselves, no pity required.

Last edited:

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
we just sold our 3rd one right at $210k. i know it is over sticker but they want to pay, they pay.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I was at another dealer today thats had theres for over a month and they are throwing people out at any offer under $250.

Rough.

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
I was at another dealer today thats had theres for over a month and they are throwing people out at any offer under $250.

Rough.

:dw:

send them to me :-D i wont throw them out, hell i will even spiff dinner at the chart house :beer:

HotRodGuy

My dad has been looking at them lately and waiting for prices to drop down which they are fast. We went to a dealer the other day and the GM game up to talk to us. Well he told us how he was offering at a steal at 250K. We just looked at him and said good luck. He asked what we ment and we told him about fordgtprices.com and left. He left a message for us a few hours later offering the car at a lower price, still way to much above 200K, and you would be a fool to pay over MSRP. And if you REALLY think this car is going to be a collectable you've got another thing comming. I imagine these things will be selling for 100K used by the end of production.

Speedfreek

Established Member
The local Ford dealer here got one in and sold it months ago for $210k. Here is the kicker, the owner of the dealership is a real honest person he found out how much over sticker they made and sent the guy some money back. This is no BS my friend is a manager there. The salesman was hot. Said they shouldn't have sent any money back cause the guy knew what he was buying. But anyway's they are sceduled to get another one which they will probably sell for very little over sticker. I will keep ya'll posted if anyone is interested.

Users who are viewing this thread