Any engineers here?

atrainsgt

Established Member
I'm currently going through College pursuing a Mechanical Engineering degree and wanted to hear from some other engineers out there. Do you like your job? What do you do? Salary decent? Thanks guys

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
I like my job. I design oil field equipment. Salary is good. Search is your friend :thumbsup:

99cobradave

Established Member
I'm a registered P.E. (Civil), working for a manufacturer. I long since stopped doing the design/analysis work and now am in upper management. Opportunites and demand for engineering is always high. Good luck.

JasonSnake

Established Member
I'm a registered P.E. (Civil), working for a manufacturer. I long since stopped doing the design/analysis work and now am in upper management. Opportunites and demand for engineering is always high. Good luck.

which would you rather be doing?

atrainsgt

Established Member
The demand does seem to be good in my area. I'm going to try and get a internship somewhere so so I can get some free experience.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
The demand does seem to be good in my area. I'm going to try and get a internship somewhere so so I can get some free experience.

Co-op my friend. My mother gets several Georgia Tech student co-ops every year. She's in industrial engineering and every student they bring in ends up getting a niiiiice offer.

atrainsgt

Established Member
Co-op my friend. My mother gets several Georgia Tech student co-ops every year. She's in industrial engineering and every student they bring in ends up getting a niiiiice offer.

I'm looking into that. I hadn't heard of that until you suggested it. Don't know how that works.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It may vary by school but talk to your advisor, they would give you any information you could want and contacts.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
I am an engineer, electrical/computer. I finished school in May 07, been working since. All of my friends had jobs by the time we graduated, the salaries are decent(55-65k start). Now I am not sure, the job market sucks everywhere.

I would do the same thing if I could redo.

69sta03cobradan

Established Member
Not an Engineer by degree (started as Biology), but worked into the field in the Biotech industry and I am within salary range for my current job as a Facility Engineer...I have a lot of respect for this profession as a lot is expected of me i.e. I have to know everything or at least have an answer for it... I will not guess if I don't know, but I will find out........good luck in your decision...

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
ME here with a b.s. and a masters.

MEs are always in high demand so its pretty easy to find a job as long as you had decent grades (>2.8gpa). My only gripe is the salaries should be a bit higher considering the difficulty level of course work compared to other fields.

Should've been a dope dealer :bored:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Really now. I may have a bit of work for you if you're interested in working in the gas industry in the future.

Actually, a lot of what we do is for natural gas wells. High pressure sour service wellheads and systems.

Users who are viewing this thread