any ford dealers committing to MSRP in writing?

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
I like the way the e-bay description says: "YOU ARE BIDDING ON OUR FIRST PRODUCTION GT500 AND..." I'm willing to bet that this is mis-read to mean THE first production GT500. Big difference. Plus, this isn't even a likeness of the produciton car. Yikes!!!

An' another thing--- Petunia, first, you say:
PetuniaGT40 said:
I'm #3 on a list in the Jax, Fl. area. I got 40k msrp in writing w/5k mark up, 1k desposit
They stopped taking deposits a 3. Deposit is refundable until ordering and the 1k will be put towards a down payment. I will be locked in on price before the order is sent.I'm looking at around 47k when all is said and done.

Then, you say:
PetuniaGT40 said:
UNBELIEVEABLE!!!! they need shot! :burn: someone is really bidding on that thing :bash: , Ford really needs to stop this...

So, $5k mark-up is allright when YOU buy, but $15k from an e-bay bidder is unacceptable??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The mark-up is determined by the size of the dummie's purse. Sorry, but it's the truth.
I refuse to pay mark-up. :cuss: "F" the dealer who asks, because he won't have me as a customer anymore.

Me??? 1st on the list, no mark-up :beer:
We'll see what the dealer says when it's time to formally ink the deal... :shrug:

Ken

crispy23c said:
I like the way the e-bay description says: "YOU ARE BIDDING ON OUR FIRST PRODUCTION GT500 AND..." I'm willing to bet that this is mis-read to mean THE first production GT500. Big difference. Plus, this isn't even a likeness of the produciton car. Yikes!!!

An' another thing--- Petunia, first, you say:

Then, you say:

So, $5k mark-up is allright when YOU buy, but $15k from an e-bay bidder is unacceptable??? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The mark-up is determined by the size of the dummie's purse. Sorry, but it's the truth.
I refuse to pay mark-up. :cuss: "F" the dealer who asks, because he won't have me as a customer anymore.

Me??? 1st on the list, no mark-up :beer:
We'll see what the dealer says when it's time to formally ink the deal... :shrug:

i can handle 5k, hoping to bargain with the 5k mark up cuz it'll be a cash deal.
This dummies purse isn't 15k rich :bored:

mgmustang1

Established Member
i would have to agree with romans, i dont know how everyone's cobra came out but the quality isnt all i expected from a 35k car. don't get me wrong i love the car but paint sucks,fenders dont line up with doors. can't beat the performance though.

FASN8N

Established Member
That is ok, dealers were and in some cases still are asking $250-$300k for the Ford GT. They are lucky if they can move the for MSRP now. The same thing will happen with the GT500. I will wait a year or so and pick a used one up for $30k when the "new" wears off and someone has to sell to buy the next latest and greatest toy on the market.

JETSOLVER

Where is Coletti?
Established Member
This is what is gonna start happening if FORD/SVT doesn't create a policy to deal with st(d)ealers before this program gets up and running.This guy just went and bought a vette instead of the GT rag he ORDERED!From TMS

FASN8N

Established Member
JETSOLVER said:
This is what is gonna start happening if FORD/SVT doesn't create a policy to deal with st(d)ealers before this program gets up and running.This guy just went and bought a vette instead of the GT rag he ORDERED!From TMS

We had an order through Jacky Jones Ford in GA for a Ford GT at MSRP. When the cars started production the dealer changed their mind and decided they wanted $250k for the car. I hope they sit on the car forever trying to get $250k for it.

Users who are viewing this thread