Any GT500's in Atlanta Area

FASN8N

Established Member
I have seen a couple running around. There is a white with blue stripe coupe off friendship road.

When did you get the 911?

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Thats a nice looking porsche! Looks like a GT2 wing or atleast aftermarket. What else is done to it?

FASN8N

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
GT2 Wing, H&R springs, K24 Turbos, Exhaust Header, ECU (RUF)

I think I saw you in the vette yesterday off sugarloaf around 11am-12? Does your car have an aftermarket hood? I was in a black E60 M5 passing by as you were in the turn lane..

Nice car if it was you :beer:

IamMike

exUSAFmike
Established Member
there is an auto place...automall of GA i think its called, they were buying up a lot of the GT500's on ebay. I think they are in Atlanta and probably still have some sitting there considering what they'd have to get for one for what they paid.

bluestreak89

Established Member
FASN8N said:
I think I saw you in the vette yesterday off sugarloaf around 11am-12? Does your car have an aftermarket hood? I was in a black E60 M5 passing by as you were in the turn lane..

Nice car if it was you :beer:
Yeah if it was loud and had an aftermarket hood in Gwinnett, it was probably me. I would love to see that M5 as I just sold my E39. check out this site (sportscarforum.net) and let me know if you like Drag Racing (legally), HPDE's etc or just meeting up, moutain runs or whatever, because I (we) do it all the time.

edit: man is that your Z06, that picture was my screen saver for a very long time, that car is sexy, I have to see that one. sending P.M.

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Dez,
What kind of at the tires power should the porsche be putting out with those mods?

bluestreak89

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Dez,
What kind of at the tires power should the porsche be putting out with those mods?

Quoted from the guy who did the install it's at about 500 AWHP which is right for the amount of bar (boost) I'm making (1.1). It's similar to the X50 package that comes factory from porsche (bigger turbos as well) but it only has 500 crank. That's about all I need until I learn how to drive her, then I may turn it up but more power is not always better on the Road course.

My boy, keeping to his word (that he would buy a GT3 if I bought a turbo) , just bought a GT3 and we are track rivals so this will get interesting an about 2 months time.

DSC00083.jpg

DSC00082.jpg

DSC00081.jpg

DSC00080.jpg

Last edited:

bluestreak89

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Dez:

What does your car weigh?

:thumbsup::coolman: :beer:

Stock turbos are from 3300-3400+ depending on options, gas, spare, etc. I have the sport seats option which shed a few lbs, I'll be taking the spare out.

That GT3 only weighs 3042, he and I are the same weight so figure 275-325 lbs weigh difference. His car puts out 380 (crank) stock while mine was modded at purchase. He can get some minor breathing mods to take it to 430(crank) hp

996 GT3
8lb/hp stock
7lb/hp modded

996 Turbo using 550 crank until dynoed, at 3400 lbs

6.1lbs/hp

Being that my car is AWD and has more power, combined with him being new to the GT3 I should be able to obtain better lap times. However the GT3 is better suited to sustain long track session with it's lighter weight, it revs 2k rpms higher which means less shifts on the track which also means shaving off seconds and it has better brake cooling and coilover suspension.

And we are definitely equal drivers. I'll post some results as we get them but it's going to be an exciting year.

He also has a M6 which would have no chance on the road course because it weighs 3800lbs but would be a good run for either on the highway because of the awesome gearing of the M's. I'm detuning my vette to sustain some runs on the Road course as well, and if that goes as planned it could own them all.
I'm getting a mount for my Sony HD camcorder so all of this will be documented and shown so keep your eyes open.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Sounds like you two are going to have some fun on the track?!? :pepper: Unless he's a better driver, it appears you're going to have the upper hand?

Where do you guys do most of your events? I've never been to Road Atlanta but can only imagine what a hoot it must be in either one of those cars!?!? :rockon: :bowdown:

We really would appreciate some on track vids!! :poke: Even though it's in the GT500 section, I'll allow it! ;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

bluestreak89

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Sounds like you two are going to have some fun on the track?!? :pepper: Unless he's a better driver, it appears you're going to have the upper hand?

Where do you guys do most of your events? I've never been to Road Atlanta but can only imagine what a hoot it must be in either one of those cars!?!? :rockon: :bowdown:

We really would appreciate some on track vids!! :poke: Even though it's in the GT500 section, I'll allow it! ;-)

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

So far we have both only done Road Atlanta but planning:

Little Talledega
Barber
Roebling
Sebring
VIR
Rockingham

this year.

LOL this thread started off as a GT500 related, I am only answering questions :fart:

you have to let me know when you want to come to Road Atlanta, we live 7 minutes away, you can stay with either of us for a weekend. they are repaving it right now so it will be smooth as silk and the first track day is the first week in march. :pepper:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bluestreak89 said:
So far we have both only done Road Atlanta but planning:

Little Talledega
Barber
Roebling
Sebring
VIR
Rockingham

Be prepared to fall in love with VIR!!:bowdown: You won't be the same after that one. (Full Course, of course!!)

bluestreak89 said:
LOL this thread started off as a GT500 related, I am only answering questions :fart:

Hey, I AM the King of the thread derail!! I come from the "R" section! I had the best teachers found on the planet! :-D

bluestreak89 said:
you have to let me know when you want to come to Road Atlanta, we live 7 minutes away, you can stay with either of us for a weekend. they are repaving it right now so it will be smooth as silk and the first track day is the first week in march. :pepper:

Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. I have about four places to stay in the Atlanta area if and when I ever get to Road Atlanta? All I really need is a place about 70' long I can back into for a 38' motorcoach with a 24' hauler in tow! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

bluestreak89

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Thanks for the offer. I appreciate it. I have about four places to stay in the Atlanta area if and when I ever get to Road Atlanta? All I really need is a place about 70' long I can back into for a 38' motorcoach with a 24' hauler in tow! :thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Hmmmm....... What's the height on that thing? I may know a couple of places for you to stow your stuff.

FASN8N

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
check out this site (sportscarforum.net) and let me know if you like Drag Racing (legally), HPDE's etc or just meeting up, moutain runs or whatever, because I (we) do it all the time.

edit: man is that your Z06, that picture was my screen saver for a very long time, that car is sexy, I have to see that one. sending P.M.

Are you sure that site is right? It did not pull up for me?

I have a red Z06, but I dont have the iForged wheels in the picture.

Users who are viewing this thread