Any help for twins and Eboost 2 ?

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Read the directions. "Two wires to controler, polarity not a concern." Only problem is that I have TWO controler's for the twin turbo's, I have the one brown and one grey wire coming out of the "gauge" or "pod" on the eboost 2 gauge, and have to deal with a controller for each turbo. Sure wish a Hellion Twin turbo guy that has used the eboost was looking at this thread. The directions say this...."Solenoid grey wire 1, Solenoid brown wire 2 to controller ...polarity not important. Help!

Last edited:

CPRsm

One solenoid will work fine. Setup just as it shows for a single kit. But split the line coming out of the solenoid going to the wastegate w a tee.
Brown and grey wire, just hook them up to the solenoid. Which wire to either color doesn't matter. That's what "polarity doesn't matter" means.
You only have one solenoid right? If the "controller" is the wastegate you're confused with just run it like above

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
One solenoid will work fine. Setup just as it shows for a single kit. But split the line coming out of the solenoid going to the wastegate w a tee.
Brown and grey wire, just hook them up to the solenoid. Which wire to either color doesn't matter. That's what "polarity doesn't matter" means.
You only have one solenoid right? If the "controller" is the wastegate you're confused with just run it like above

I have 2 solenoids. Let's call the "solenoids" the "gates". The intructions say to bring one grey and one brown wire out of the guage... to the solenoid(s), polarity is not important. I have two solenoids. I will post in a minute. Help me out here.
instructions_zps1bb73ddd.jpg

There are 2 black wires coming out of each "solenoid", ( 2 wires per solenoid X 2 solenoids = 4 black wires. .... but only one brown and one grey coming out of the 1 Eboost2 "guage". I don't know why I am so lost here.

Last edited:

Deespeed99

Established Member
I have 2 solenoids. Let's call the "solenoids" the "gates". The intructions say to bring one grey and one brown wire out of the guage... to the solenoid(s), polarity is not important. I have two solenoids. I will post in a minute. Help me out here.
instructions_zps1bb73ddd.jpg

There are 2 black wires coming out of each "solenoid", ( 2 wires per solenoid X 2 solenoids = 4 black wires. .... but only one brown and one grey coming out of the 1 Eboost2 "guage". I don't know why I am so lost here.

You only need one solenoid but if you have 2 just wire them together. Eboost doesnt have 2 sets of wires for 2 solenoids only 1 if that makes sense.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
You only need one solenoid but if you have 2 just wire them together. Eboost doesnt have 2 sets of wires for 2 solenoids only 1 if that makes sense.
Just to clafiry, you do know that I have twin turbo's.
Almost makes sense. The controllers have two black wires, I have one gauge, with one brown wire and one grey wire. So I should take one black off of each wastegate controller to the brown, and the other blacks off of the wasted gate controllers to the one grey on the gauge? Just to clarify, I am talking about wiring, not hoses. Here is what I think you are saying.
get-attachment_zps390f51d3.jpg

Last edited:

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Ok, found this post, which makes me think I know what you are talking about.
smashedheadcat
NO POS IRS!

I am running just the one solenoid and "T'd" the wastegates together. Been running that way for years and still have excellent boost control.

So I guess I will just simplify everything and run just one of the controllers, tee off the top port to each of the top wastegate(s), and T off the bottom port to each of the wastegate(s)?
eboost_zpsd96733ca.jpg

Deespeed99

Established Member
Just to clafiry, you do know that I have twin turbo's.
Almost makes sense. The controllers have two black wires, I have one gauge, with one brown wire and one grey wire. So I should take one black off of each wastegate controller to the brown, and the other blacks off of the wasted gate controllers to the one grey on the gauge? Just to clarify, I am talking about wiring, not hoses. Here is what I think you are saying.
get-attachment_zps390f51d3.jpg

Yes i know. The way you explained it and drew it is correct. Polarity doesnt matter but still make sure the same wire on the solenoids are connected meaning if the left wire of solenoid one is running to the brown wire of the eboost make sure the left wire on solenoid two is running to the same brown wire.

Ok, found this post, which makes me think I know what you are talking about.
smashedheadcat
NO POS IRS!

I am running just the one solenoid and "T'd" the wastegates together. Been running that way for years and still have excellent boost control.

So I guess I will just simplify everything and run just one of the controllers, tee off the top port to each of the top wastegate(s), and T off the bottom port to each of the wastegate(s)?
eboost_zpsd96733ca.jpg

You could run one. Way i see it is thats one less thing to go wrong.

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
Thanks, maybe I need to give Urist a call today and see what he suggests. Sorry for the upside down pic. Damn smartphone outsmarted me! Yep, after a call to John and a look at the eboost website, page 13, its very clear to me now. Sorry to waste internet space!

Last edited:

Chuck@Evolution

Established Member
You can either run one solenoid and "T" your boost/vacuum connections to the wastegates, or run the 2 solenoids and wire them in parallel. Like the directions say, polarity is not a concern for either the solenoids or eboost

Users who are viewing this thread