Any ideas why my power is flat lining with Sullivan and fr500 cams? graph inside!

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
I just got dynoed yesterday and was not impressed with my horsepower. Mods are in sig. The power looks like it was peeking at 6500? I made 343 at the wheels and was expecting maybe 400 or so. They cut the dyno off at 7000 because the power wasn't rising anymore and was just flat lining. There had to be something out of whack on my motor? Please help!

dynorob-1.jpg

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
not really sure, but your torque seems rather low. with a few mods usually it's in the 300's by like 3000-3500 rpms.

Smacked_in_ATL

Stock!
Established Member
Torque is very low. I dynoed more torque than you with MUCH less mods. Is it hesitating through the powerband any? Plugs, fuel filter?

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
Torque is very low. I dynoed more torque than you with MUCH less mods. Is it hesitating through the powerband any? Plugs, fuel filter?

No hesitating at all and runs great. The chart shows no loss in fuel. Plugs are new tr6's. The loss in torque would be from the intake.

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
I just got dynoed yesterday and was not impressed with my horsepower. Mods are in sig. The power looks like it was peeking at 6500? I made 343 at the wheels and was expecting maybe 400 or so. They cut the dyno off at 7000 because the power wasn't rising anymore and was just flat lining. There had to be something out of whack on my motor? Please help!

dynorob-1.jpg

IMO ....the lash adjusters are collapsing....BRB with an article

elyrain

Established Member
stock fuel pump?

did you get it dynoed or dyno tuned?

Maybe time for a comp/leakdown test, I know it's a new motor but if the rings didn't seat right you could loose some there. How many miles on the motor?

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
stock fuel pump?

did you get it dynoed or dyno tuned?

Maybe time for a comp/leakdown test, I know it's a new motor but if the rings didn't seat right you could loose some there. How many miles on the motor?

Aviator fuel pump, it was getting dyno tuned, and the motor has around 3000 miles. No matter what he did he could not pull any more power from it.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
I'm getting really sick of these mod motors. They are worthless without boost.
I will probably build a 351 or 427

Nazman

Established Member
What are you running for the TB adapater? The Sullvian or something else?

Did the cams get degreed? Specs?

How about the timing? You are missing like 50RW........!!!!

elyrain

Established Member
isn't it 700$ for a set of solid lifters? I'm thinking of trying those on my next build.

The only thing that should make your hp fall off with a sully intake is either you run out of fuel or air. Fuel shouldn't be the problem under 400rw, so somewhere your running out of air, did you upgrade your maf?

cobrob

all natural poster
Established Member
What are you running for the TB adapater? The Sullvian or something else?

Did the cams get degreed? Specs?

How about the timing? You are missing like 50RW........!!!!

Cams were not degreed. It still is at 281 ci with 11.5-1 compression. It has the Sullivan upper with stock throttle body and stock MAF. They said the MAF was running 4.6 volts and still had some left. I thought it would peg for sure? Timing is at 22 deg. He added 4 deg. and leaned out to 13.5 and only gained 2rwhp.

Last edited:

cobracide

Established Member
You need to degree the cams, did you lap the valves? I'd get a larger maf anyway - this might be some more of the problem. it's close enough to being maxed out so you mind as well replace it.

Users who are viewing this thread