Any issues with the 2010 GT500s?

Kimcobra

Established Member
Buying a low mileage 2010 GT500 in a couple days..Just wanted to know if there were any issues I should look for when test driving this car?? Yes I did a search and only found the 1-2 shift problem. Thank you for any help..

BigDan

Established Member
Have you driven a 2011 yet?

Low mileage SVT PP's are going for $42k and come with an extra $10k in standard features vs the 2010.

Kimcobra

Established Member
I sure haven't BigDan..i wanted a new one but wife said keep it under 40k..so i found me a 2010 with 1k miles..car is a 1 owner and its the color the wife wants so i can live with that..wife happy.. me happy! :beer:
Thanks though.

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Have you driven a 2011 yet?

Low mileage SVT PP's are going for $42k and come with an extra $10k in standard features vs the 2010.

I wouldn't say 10k....More like 3 or 4k at that :) Several of the options are easily done on a 2010.

2011's are an improvement, but not the end all be all. Power output is the same, they are just lighter.

EDIT: And if you're going to mod the car then the difference is even less.

And to answer the OP's question. The 1-2 shift you mentioned is the only real issue. Mine hasn't seen the dealer in 10,000 miles.

Last edited:

Kimcobra

Established Member
Thanks guys for all the replys, I will do some mods Pulley,exhaust,tune,heat exchanger,plugs. maybe lower pulley also..But thats down the line..Leaving in the morning to go pick her up and wouldn't you know it they are calling for 5" of snow tonight..Thats F in great!!

barstoolman

Established Member
Get a low mileage 2011 with SVT Package for around $40 and you'll be much better off.....no comparison to a 2010. The 2010 will always be like the red-haired step child when it comes to modern day GT500's. Didn't get the great look and styling of the 2007-2009, didn't get the aluminum block and all the SVT upgrades (gears, suspension, etc.) of the 2011. Don't get a 2010 unless you can steal it!!!!!

10random

SVT Lurker
Established Member
Get a low mileage 2011 with SVT Package for around $40 and you'll be much better off.....no comparison to a 2010. The 2010 will always be like the red-haired step child when it comes to modern day GT500's. Didn't get the great look and styling of the 2007-2009, didn't get the aluminum block and all the SVT upgrades (gears, suspension, etc.) of the 2011. Don't get a 2010 unless you can steal it!!!!!

That's one way to look at it :dw: You say red-headed and I say coveted ;) You get the great looks of the 2010+ on the existing platform. Plus there is no electric steering.

Not going to find a low mileage SVTPP car for around 40 anytime soon...that is below trade in and would most likely be wrecked. In fact, if you do you're lucky and someone threw money away. If you can find a clean 2011 svt-pp for 40k, Ill trade mine in right now :pepper:

Last edited:

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member

That's funny, I pitty those that bought the 07-09's since they got shafted on the lack of look and styling that those of us who waited for the 10+ got. :shrug: The SVTPP suspension is only really a little better than the non-SVTPP suspension and while the wheels are cool, you can certainly get more traction and better handling on the aftermarket for the same or less money.
As for the aluminum engine, sure I'd love to have a little lighter front end, but I'm certainly not rushing out to trade my 10 in for it. Personally, the aluminum block is the only part of the 11 I think is an improvement over the 10 and really the durability of it once you start to mod it has yet to be seen.

Gojira

Established Member
That's funny, I pitty those that bought the 07-09's since they got shafted on the lack of look and styling that those of us who waited for the 10+ got. :shrug: The SVTPP suspension is only really a little better than the non-SVTPP suspension and while the wheels are cool, you can certainly get more traction and better handling on the aftermarket for the same or less money.
As for the aluminum engine, sure I'd love to have a little lighter front end, but I'm certainly not rushing out to trade my 10 in for it. Personally, the aluminum block is the only part of the 11 I think is an improvement over the 10 and really the durability of it once you start to mod it has yet to be seen.

I agree with you. I have an 08 and I think the 10's look better. And the 10's look better than the 11's with their skinny racing strips. Those skinny stips look like something you buy at the local autoparts store and stick em on a V6 to try and make it look cool. What were they thinking.. why didnt they stick to the thick stripes?

BigDan

Established Member
I agree with you. I have an 08 and I think the 10's look better. And the 10's look better than the 11's with their skinny racing strips. Those skinny stips look like something you buy at the local autoparts store and stick em on a V6 to try and make it look cool. What were they thinking.. why didnt they stick to the thick stripes?

picard-facepalm2.jpg

Kimcobra

Established Member

barstoolman,,believe me if I could have found a 2011 around here with less then 1000 miles under 40k I would have jumped on it..around here they are still asking 38k for low mileage 08s..I traveled 220 miles one way to get this beautiful low mileage(1300] 2010 for right at just under 40k. and after driving it back in the snow and ice I do not regret it one bit..
Thanks guys for all the replys..
0126011631a.jpg

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Great buy man, you won't be disappointed. Sure, the 2011's offer a few more options and features, but for that matter so will the 2012 and the 1213 after that. If you think in that respect, you'll never buy a car because you'll always be worried about what you might miss in the next model year.
You made the right choice. You bought what you could afford, got a great deal and got a great car. Now go enjoy that bad boy!

Kimcobra

Established Member
Great buy man, you won't be disappointed. Sure, the 2011's offer a few more options and features, but for that matter so will the 2012 and the 1213 after that. If you think in that respect, you'll never buy a car because you'll always be worried about what you might miss in the next model year.
You made the right choice. You bought what you could afford, got a great deal and got a great car. Now go enjoy that bad boy!

You are right,,it was a nice sunny day yeaterday and after a good clean up I took her out for a drive..I do not regret the purchase one bit..Thanks to all who replied..:banana::pepper:

jsarkis

Established Member
Great choice. Unless your a serious road course racer you won't ever notice the difference between the 10 & the 11 (except for the skinny stripes and back head rests). The money you saved already puts you light years ahead of a stock 11 if you decided to use it towards mods. Also just think: you have one of the rarest of the breed: The new body style, new interior etc. With the good Ole reliable Iron block. Enjoy your great looking beast!

Users who are viewing this thread