Any Limo Drivers or Biz Owners here

truefiveo

Established Member
Anyone here have any experience with the Limo business?

Do kids still rent these things for proms and events?

I'm looking to invest in limo/foodtruck/party bus type vehicle for a weekend hustle maybe.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

oldmodman

Established Member
Only a good idea in an area with a whole lot of the type of businesses and people that want Limo's.

I had a friend here in Los Angeles that had 45 Limo's and luxury cars with drivers. Some of them were busy with multiple clients everyday.

He got almost all his work contracting with record companies, motion picture studios, and television networks.

He only had 6 stretch limos, all Caddys. The rest were all just the long wheelbase versions of Mercedes Benz and Caddy/Lincoln products.

I don't think he ever did any parties of proms. He wasn't really interested in booking jobs that required a half a day clean up afterwards.

It was profitable, I sure have to give him that. At 25 he was pulling in over a million a year after all expenses. And he was always ordering more vehicles.

The latest thing I heard he was getting into were the super high end conversion of custom modified Sprinters that were luxury offices inside and could carry 8 in comfort.

FIVEHOE

Established Member
Yeah, limo's are huge over here where the bar scene is big. We have lots of major events as well, barrett jackson, super bowl, college bowl (this upcoming year), waste managemant open, etc. When I used to work valet, I got kickbacks from the limo company for referring people, and those months (December-March) were huge for them. It was easy money for me because I had a bunch of football players and guys with money to blow who would rent limos from time to time. Prom time the limo companies over here can be quite busy as well, lots of wealthier families who send their children out in style.

Like mentioned, depends solely on the area and how popular the night scene in your area is, and how many tourist attractions they offer.

Users who are viewing this thread