Any Lord of the Rings fans in for the upcoming new Amazon Prime Series "Rings of Power"?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The new Amazon Prime exclusive series, "Lord of the Rings - Rings of Power" starts on September 2 on Prime Video. Anyone in for it? I'm a big Lord of the Rings fan, so I'm looking forward to this one. It's a prequel of sorts.

quad

Established Member
As long as WETA is involved it should be good. Peter Jackson decided to not be involved and said he wanted to experience it as a member of the audience since he could not do that with Lord of the Rings.

I'll watch it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not expecting it to be as good as the Trilogy, but I'll at least give the first few episodes a shot.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I’m in for it. Nothing can beat the movies However if this delves into the history of the rings and Sauron and all the ring holders after they were made then it should be pretty good and a nice addition to the story. Being a prequel there is no need to recast anyone (which is always a letdown) since these would be all new characters. My wife to be and I are definitely looking forward to it since hearing about it.

Ken

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I’m in for it. Nothing can beat the movies However if this delves into the history of the rings and Sauron and all the ring holders after they were made then it should be pretty good and a nice addition to the story. Being a prequel there is no need to recast anyone (which is always a letdown) since these would be all new characters. My wife to be and I are definitely looking forward to it since hearing about it.

Ken

I thought I heard they don't have the rights to source material for that story.

4sdvenom

Never Enough!
Established Member
I thought I heard they don't have the rights to source material for that story.
Well that really sucks if that’s the case!
I guess it’s better to be let down now than when I watch though. Still suppose we’ll give it a few episodes and see where they go with it.
That makes sense though that whoever owns the rights to the Hobbit and Lord of the Rings trilogies would not want to give up the rights to a possible 3rd trilogy.

Ken

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
If it veers off the story line, I'm fine with that, as long as the action is consistent and the episodes don't drag on. It the episodes end up being a bit boring, I'll call it quits and play my UltraHD 4K Trilogy for supreme enjoyment.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Not if I can help it. There are times I buy something from someone and when it gets here it is from Amazon or at least in a amazon box. Other then that nope. i will pay a bit more elsewhere.
Interesting development on this end. So I have an Amazon Prime account. I've been a customer for about 20 years. I went to use it this morning and found out my account is locked! Customer support (outsourced, of course) cannot tell me why it is locked. I asked for a supervisor and she, too, is outsourced. She couldn't help except to tell me that I have to answer my security question. Say what?? I am not being asked to answer a security question. I want to know what activity prompted my account to be locked! Thanks for being no help!!! So I ordered from Walmart, and tomorrow morning I'll call Amazon customer support (demanding a U.S. rep) for an explanation of the lockout. If it isn't satisfactory, good bye Amazon!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why do I have this feeling that as the Series progresses we're going to see more "diversity" than we care to see. Oh, wait, that's called wokeness. That video commentary doesn't raise my hopes, but it will make the woke crowd "delighted". o_O
The more I learn about the Series, the less enthusiastic I'm becoming.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
Why do I have this feeling that as the Series progresses we're going to see more "diversity" than we care to see. Oh, wait, that's called wokeness. That video commentary doesn't raise my hopes, but it will make the woke crowd "delighted". o_O
The more I learn about the Series, the less enthusiastic I'm becoming.

Unfortunately this seems to be the direction of these new shows. They have a solid first couple of episodes. Then they inject their agenda once you are “emotionally invested” in the story or characters; hoping that you will just shrug it off and keep watching. It’s all about normalizing an agenda. Look what paramount did with 1883. Started out being a damn good show. Then it turns into a teenage romance drama. You are telling me at that time Comanche Indians are going to help settlers coming through their land? Add a romance between a settler into that? Give me a break lol. I’m still trying to figure that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Unfortunately this seems to be the direction of these new shows. They have a solid first couple of episodes. Then they inject their agenda once you are “emotionally invested” in the story or characters; hoping that you will just shrug it off and keep watching. It’s all about normalizing an agenda. Look what paramount did with 1883. Started out being a damn good show. Then it turns into a teenage romance drama. You are telling me at that time Comanche Indians are going to help settlers coming through their land? Add a romance between a settler into that? Give me a break lol. I’m still trying to figure that one out.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
That's what I'm afraid of, and expecting in this Series. I'll probably watch the first 6 or so episodes and then evaluate where it is and where it's going.

Users who are viewing this thread